Best answer

Cannot connect Magento 2 - custom /admin folder

• 2 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi, we cannot connect Zapier to Magento 2. We are presented with an error “specified request cannot be processed”. 

We have entered in all of the administrators details correctly and the full url.

Note: we have a custom /admin folder for security reasons, for example, /admin_*********

Can Zapier please advise?

If Zapier requires access to the default /admin folder, can we alternatively connect to Zapier via the ‘integration’ option within Magento 2, and provide Zapier with Access Tokens / Consumer Keys?

icon

Best answer by SamB 6 February 2023, 15:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @zapiaus! 👋

Do you happen to have 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) enabled in Magento 2? Asking as I know we have a feature request open to support 2FA with the Magento 2 app so that could potentially be why you’re getting an error here.

Please let me know if you do have that enabled and I’ll get your vote added to the feature request. Looking forward to your reply! 

Hi @SamB

No, we do not have 2FA enabled (yet) - however, please feel free to add my vote to that feature request :)

If our assumption on what is causing the error is correct, I believe it could be relatively, easily resolved on your end:

When creating the Magento connection, we could input our custom admin folder location in the “Full Domain” section: i.e. “https://ourdomain.com/admin_******/”  - nb: I have also attempted this, and Zapier presents a different error “app not found”.

If the custom /admin folder is not the cause of the initial error, then I am not sure how we can resolve this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting me know, @zapiaus

I’ve done some further digging on this end and found a feature request to allow the Magento 2 app to support custom admin folders rather than defaulting to /admin. So it seems that custom admin folder is likely the cause of the error! I’ve added your vote to both feature requests. It isn’t an immediate solution but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as they’re implemented. And we’ll be sure to post any updates here in Community as soon as we can!

As for the second error you’re seeing I think it would be worth reaching out to our Support team to investigate that further. They’ll be able to dig into the logs for your account to get a better idea of what’s causing any errors. You can reach them here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Please do keep us in the loop on how you get on! 🙂 

Hi @SamB, thanks for getting back to me. Noted! 

In the meantime, for anyone else facing this situation, a work around is to use a free Magento 2 webhooks plugin and utilise the “webhooks by Zapier” feature. 

It appears that all the same triggers for Magento 2, within Zapier, are supported by the plugin, plus an ability to fire an event on Abandoned cart.