Question

Cannot add Gmail signature in Zapier x Custom OpenAI ChatGPT

• 5 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Zapier community, I hope someone can help me with my problem.

I’m building a custom OpenAI GPT in ChatGPT that integrates with Zapier, so i have used the Actions configuration in ChatGPT and followed all the rules. I want to be able to send emails drafted by chatGPT via Zapier. So far, everything is working well except one thing. When I try to include my gmail signature in the Zapier actions site (which is pretty important for me because I need it to show my company’s credentials), it never ends up saving. For some context, here is the action i want to set up: just a simple creating draft in gmail.

For the signature, I have chosen the default signature I set up in my gmail (blurred here for privacy purposes):

But when I scroll down and click Done for editing old actions or Enable Action for new actions, the Signature is just never saved. When I check the action again, it just stays empty even if I have chosen a specific value. I have no idea how to fix this and I’ve tried numerous times. If anyone can help me it’d be greatly appreciated. I know this is a relatively new feature and might contain some bugs, so there’s not much solutions right now online. But thank you in advance.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @michellemalindo0805,

I just wanted to let you know that I’m able to recreate this bug. Sorry you’re running into this. I’ve let the relevant team know about it, but don’t have any information on when a fix might be expected

Userlevel 1

Thank you for trying shalgrim. Do you know how long it usually takes to fix bugs like these?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

I truly can’t say how long it might take.

I’d note that we really don’t ever have “bugs like this” since it’s a brand new product (and might even be beta, but I’m not sure) … it’s kind of cutting-edge stuff here 😀

Userlevel 1

Hi shalgrim and anyone else who might encounter this problem, it appears I have found a solution. Instead of choosing “Set a specific value for this field” for the Signature section, choose “Have AI guess a value for this field". And then specify the signature you want to attach in the chatGPT GPT configurations itself. I discovered it by accident and it seems to be able to attach the signature for now, though I do hope the actual function in Zapier is still fixed.