Best answer

Can the Find Contact action update an existing contact in Zoho Desk?

• 28 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi! If I use the ‘Find contact’ option for Zoho desk, is it supposed to update the fields I map with Chargebee if the contact is already in our Zoho desk? Or does it just create a new contact if it doesn’t already exist?

icon

Best answer by SamB 29 September 2023, 13:13

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi and welcome to the Community, @kristinsaks! 👋

Hope you don’t mind but we’ve split your question out into it’s own topic as it doesn’t directly relate to the “The data is invalid due to validation restrictions-/contactId” error that was asked about in the previous thread. 

The Find Contact action only has the ability to create a new contact if an existing contact isn’t found. To update an existing connect you’d need to add a “Update Contact” action after it, but there doesn’t appear to be any such action available for the Zoho Desk app currently. We’ve got an existing feature request to have an “Update Contact” action added to Zoho Desk so I’ve added your vote to that. I can’t give any ETA on when or if it might be implemented but we’ll automatically notify you by email as soon as it is.

Sorry to not have any workarounds to suggest right now. We’ll be sure to share any news or workarounds that we come across here in this thread. 🙂