Best answer

Can't send a message on a new slack channel created by Zapier

• 12 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I am trying to create a ZAP that does the following: 

SETP 1: Trigger actions based on a form reply.
STEP2: Create a Slack channel named after "business name" field on the submission form.
STEP3: Inivite email address from the submission form to join Slack channel created on STEP2
STEP4: Send message to the channel created in Step 2

Problem: STEP3 nd STEP4 cant recognize the channel created on STEP2 eventhough the channel has been created on slack.

To identify my desired channel on slack during step 3 and 4 I am chossing the following action: “Channel name: STEP2”business Name”

Why Zapier cant recognize the slack channel previoulsy created on STEP2 ?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 12 May 2023, 18:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @Bruno Guerreiro!

Alright. Some good news and some not so good news, depending on how you look at it.

Good news is that your Zap actually should work. It just isn’t working in the test due to a known issue. You’ve done everything right as far as I can see (yay!), but the known issue is making it feel like you haven’t.

The bad news is to verify this is working, you got to run it live - which may be in or out of your comfort zone. I’d probably give it a go with something private that you can control and take it from there!

You can see more information about this issue here: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Bruno Guerreiro 

Good question.

The Channel field expects the Slack Channel ID, instead of the Slack Channel Name.

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much Troy! This was it. It was able to fix the entire Zap, I was going at it for an hour almost. Thank you Thank you Thank you 🙏🏼 

Hi @Bruno Guerreiro

Good question.

The Channel field expects the Slack Channel ID, instead of the Slack Channel Name.