Question

Can't see Outlook 365 folders when trying to feed new contacts from Outlook to Brevo (formerly Sendiunblue)

• 11 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Dear all

Please advise on an issue I have when trying to connect Outlook 365 with Brevo (formerly SendinBlue). I cannot see my folders in the Exchange / Outlook / Outlook 365 when setting up the step:

Trigger:

New Contact in Microsoft Exchange

App & event

App → Microsoft Exchange logoMicrosoft Exchange

Event → New Contact

Step details

Contact Folder → Can’t see my folders

Please advise, and kind regards!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @MG-Plasseraud,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Could you please confirm if the folder that isn't showing in the drop-down menu is a shared contact folder? If that is the case, then unfortunately, this isn't currently supported. 

However, we have an open feature request to add support for this feature. I will wait for your confirmation before adding you to the feature request as an interested user.

If that isn't the case, please check if there is any difference between how the "private" folder is set up and the folder that isn't showing in the menu.

Please keep us posted! 😊

Hey I am having the same issue I can’t see my folders.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Kat555,

Could you please let me know these:

Could you please confirm if the folder that isn't showing in the drop-down menu is a shared contact folder? If that is the case, then unfortunately, this isn't currently supported. 

However, we have an open feature request to add support for this feature. I will wait for your confirmation before adding you to the feature request as an interested user.

If that isn't the case, please check if there is any difference between how the "private" folder is set up and the folder that isn't showing in the menu.

Please keep us posted! 😊

Thanks!

Just made a normal folder, did not add anyone to share it with.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Kat555,

Thanks for the update here.

At the moment it's unclear why this is occurring, but there may be some permission settings at play that are preventing you from utilizing the integration at the moment. Can you confirm with your web admin if there were any extra security permissions added to your exchange server setup? Additionally, have you been able to authenticate with any other third-party applications/custom apps in the past? 

Also, I want to double-check something, because we only support specific versions of Exchange. Are you using a self-hosted / on-premises version of Microsoft Exchange?

Currently, our integration only supports Microsoft-hosted versions - not self-hosted versions - so you would need to have either:

• an Office 365 subscription
  • a Microsoft live.com account with Outlook
  • or an individual purchase of Microsoft Exchange Online subscription

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

I’m having the same issue. 

Can someone please clarify, where these folders are supposed to be?

In Outlook 365, I created a new personal contact “list” which appears as a folder… but I’m not sure that’s the right thing to do.  I see no way in 365 to create “folders.”

This is all very vague…  Please provide more data to understand how to set this up.

Update:

Outlook 365 online:

The “folder” should actually be under “Categories”  in outlook 365 online.  Creating a new “Category” in Outlook online, however, doesn’t seem to create a new “folder” accessible from within Constant Contact.

The only way I can see to do this is to go to Outlook Desktop

Under “My Contacts” right click and select “New Folder” Create that new folder.