Question

Can't search 'Select' fields on Notion?

• 6 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Hey.

So I was looking at the integration with Notion with the intention to update an item, so I created a search step first. However, in my attempt to search, I noticed it only really wants to search text based field property on Notion. Whereas I have a ‘Select’ field property, and it doesn’t pick that up to search it.

Reason being I want to search Email Address which is fine but I also awant to search my Profile ‘Select’ field which doesn’t appear.

Is there any other way to do this?

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@TokyoChamp would you mind sharing screenshots from your Zap steps, that will make more sense

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TokyoChamp 

Good question.

Help: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496040151821-Common-problems-with-Notion-on-Zapier

I can't see all fields in my Zap

Not all Notion property types are supported in Zapier. The following property types are not supported:
  • Files and media
  • Formulas
  • Relations
  • Rollups
  • Status
These property types will not appear in your triggers or actions.

SELECT appears to be a supported field though, as I’m able to create it or update it, but I can’t seem to use it to SEARCH.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TokyoChamp 

Screenshots shows the “Create” section of the Notion Find Zap action.

We would need to see more screenshots with the options above this section.

Basically, If I have a master database, with various profiles, some people name and email might be the same but they have 2 different profiles like Memberships

If I search just name it could find more than one value.

So ideally i’d like to search both name and profile but this isn’t possible.

Yet, I can search name and if not found i can create and update the Profile feild, but I can’t seem to use it to search unless it’s a text based field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TokyoChamp 

I can't see all fields in my Zap

Not all Notion property types are supported in Zapier.
The following property types are not supported:
  • Files and media
  • Formulas
  • Relations
  • Rollups
  • Status
These property types will not appear in your triggers or actions.