Question

Can’t reset password!

• 19 January 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

The form to reset my Zapier password is not working. It says my password reset email was sent (see screenshot) but no email is ever actually delivered from Zapier. I’ve tried several times for two days now with no luck — each time the same thing happens. I’ve checked every single folder in my email account, including spam, and even searched my entire email account for “Zapier.” The password reset emails are simply not being sent from Zapier.

I’ve yet to hear back from Zapier support. There are urgent updates I need to make to a few zaps, updates that could land me in legal trouble if this login issue isn’t resolved quickly. But until then I’m stuck in login limbo, at the mercy of the Zapier support team. 

If you have any insight on how to resolve this issue it would be greatly appreciated!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Pfm23, thanks for joining the Community here! 👋

I’m so sorry to hear that those password reset emails aren’t showing up in your email account. As you’ve already searched all the folders in your account, including the spam folder, I wonder if the emails could be being blocked by your email service provider?

In which case I’d suggest trying the following:

• Add the email help@zapier.zendesk.com to the allowlist in your email client
  • Add the domain mail.zapier.com to the allowlist in your email client

At the moment, there's no IP address that needs to be whitelisted. 

Hope that helps. Keen to help get this sorted to please keep us updated on how that goes! 

Userlevel 1

Thanks @SamB. I tried adding to the allowlist in the Google Admin portal but still hasn’t fixed the issue.

I’m posting on here to the community obviously using a different account (free plan), but it’s tied to the same google business account as the email I’m having issues with. I tried resetting this password and it worked fine. For whatever reason the issue seems to be individually tied to my paid account.

Still waiting on a reply to my support ticket with Zapier, over 48 hours at this point… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for giving that a try @Pfm23. I’m sorry it didn’t work as hoped, and that you’ve not had a response back from the Support team yet.

I did some digging and was able to find the support ticket that was opened and can see that the team did reply but it appears to have bounced. So they’ve escalated your ticket and someone on the Support team will be in touch soon to help get this all sorted out.

Thanks for your continued patience in the meantime.

Userlevel 1

@SamB thanks for the update. I did receive an email from “JohnL” late in the day on 1/19 in response to the first support ticket that I created, which I replied to immediately, but haven’t heard anything back yet — going on 3 days now since I replied. I then received the same exact email from the same person in response to the second support ticket I created. So I’m not sure if these emails are automated or what since they were word-for-word. But, as of now, I’m still unable to access my account and anxiously waiting to hear something back from the support team.

It’s just incredibly frustrating that I have a Professional plan which comes with live chat support, yet I can’t use that feature, which I pay for, because I can’t log in due to an issue on Zapier’s end. 

I do appreciate your help and the updates, thanks again. 

Userlevel 1

Just an update that I heard from the support team this morning and I’m finally able to log into my account again! For whatever reason an email bounced back at some point and it triggered a whole mess of problems. But the Zapier team fixed the issue and I’m back in business. What a relief. Thanks again @SamB for chiming in throughout the process. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @Pfm23! We’re glad to hear that our Support Team was able to help you out!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Not sure how the support team was able to fix this, but my teammate is having this same exact issue.

Email inbox is not getting the reset password email, but it says “sent!”

Used this same email inbox to the community, and can receive email from help@zapier.zendesk.com fine.

Hi there,

I’m experiencing a similar issue.  I tried changing to email address I had on file from my account “info@campaigndesk.ca” (authenticated via Google)  to “cio@peoplespartyofcanada.ca”.  As part of this process, Zapier asked me to enter my Zapier password (which I didn’t know since I normally authenticate via Google).  As a result, I tried using the “forgot password” link - but never received an email from Zapier (nor did it go to Spam).

I opened a support ticket - but got an automated email saying Zapier staff were offsite at some sort of a retreat.

I urgently *need* access to this account ASAP - could someone please look into this and help me out?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @robin_charli and @Campaign Desk,

It's possible that the email in question is on the suppression list. Unfortunately, we in the Community have limited tools at our disposal.

For further assistance, I suggest contacting our Support Team. You can get in touch with them through this link: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I appreciate your patience and understanding.