Skip to main content

I cannot reconnect Zapier to WooCommerce. I have made sure to allow pop ups and disable all security plugins on my browser. I’ve tried to connect from Firefox and Chrome. I’ve logged into the Wordpress website and every single attempt I’ve made to connect has successfully created an API key. The status on WooCommerce’s end is that it IS connected. I know the username and password are correct, because when I had them wrong I received the error telling me so.

We do not use any plugins with known conflicts as far as I can tell. We do not have a firewall enabled. We DO use the Cerber security plugin, but that isn’t anything new and we’ve had this connection working for over 6 months. I’m very hesitant to deactivate it when I have no clue what the actual authentication error is and it would expose our website to security vulnerabilities.

Is there anything big I’m missing?

Hi @Martha F 

Help links for using WooCommerce in Zaps that may provide guidance: https://zapier.com/apps/woocommerce/help

Other Zapier Community topics related to WooCommerce that may provide guidance: https://community.zapier.com/search?q=woocommerce&source%5B0%5D=community

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

I have already gone through those resources and been unable to find anything that matches my situation that I haven’t already tried.

Hi @Martha F 👋

Thanks for sharing details of all the troubleshooting steps you’ve taken already. I’m really sorry to hear that the error is persisting.

Given that you’ve already tried all the usual steps towards resolving that type of error your best bet would be to reach out to the Support team. They have access to the full error logs for your Zaps so they may be able to dig up some additional information around the root cause of these “authentication failed” errors. I checked our system and can see that you also reached out via live chat and your case has been escalated to the Support team for further investigation over email, which is perfect! Someone from the team will be in touch soon to help get these errors resolved. 🙂

Please do keep us updated on how you get on with them, keen to ensure this gets sorted! 

@SamB thank you for the response. I’ve reached out to Zapier support and am in communication with them regarding the issue.

So far, I’ve isolated the issue to the production version of our website. I made a full copy of the website to staging and was able to successfully establish a connection with all our normal plugins enabled. This led me to think the issue was Cloudflare. However, when I disabled Cloudflare I was still unable to reconnect, so I’ve eliminated that as an issue.

When I looked at the error logs for our hosting on WPEngine, I saw that Zapier is receiving a 401 error (see the following JSON). I’ve verified that the REST API is open and working per the WooCommerce Zapier plugin documentation. I added an allow rule for the Zapier user agent, but I’m still receiving the error.

{
"installName": tredacted],
"environment": "PROD",
"domain": redacted],
"ipAddress": "3.239.149.201",
"date": "2024-09-10T16:44:51.000Z",
"type": "nginx",
"verb": "GET",
"resource": "/wp-json/wc-zapier/v1/ping",
"protocol": "HTTP/1.0",
"status": 401,
"referer": null,
"userAgent": "Zapier",
"uuid": >redacted]
}

I’m trying to get in touch with WPEngine’s support team to see if they can offer any guidance on this issue

@Martha F - did you get anywhere with wp engine? We have the same problem reconnecting multiple 3rd party services to our WooCommerce store hosted on Wp Engine. I have been in touch with Wp Engine Support but don’t have a resolution yet.

@Martha F - FYI - in our instance, an auto update to plugin “Admin and Site Enhancements (ASE)” to version 7.4 caused the problem. Disabling the plugin solved the issue.

WOW! Great detective work here @Martha F! 😁 🙌

I’m so pleased you were able to identify what was causing those errors here. And thanks for sharing all the steps you took in figuring this out, I’m sure this will be super helpful to other folks running into similar connection issues with WooCommerce! Speaking of which…

@Geoff A, do you also happen to have that “Admin and Site Enhancements (ASE)” plugin running on your site? If not could the connection issues be related to a different plugin perhaps?

Looking forward to hearing from you!