Best answer

Can't link Outlook account to a Zap

• 18 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi! I can’t link an Outlook business account to a Create an event in Calendar Zap. Only happens to me with this contact email, while I was able to connect the others with the same domain without problems. I hope you can help me. Thanks a lot. 

icon

Best answer by alphaco 26 January 2023, 19:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @alphaco 

Good question.

Does Microsoft Outlook need any special plan pricing?

You would need to either have an Office 365 subscription, a Microsoft live.com account with Outlook or individual purchase of Microsoft Exchange Online subscriptions.

The error message indicates you may need to contact your admin.

Badge

Hey Troy, thanks for your reply! But I was able to connect other accounts with the same domain. Perhaps it is a particular setting that I should check?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @alphaco just stepping in for Troy here! It’s a bit tough to say why this is happening. 🤔 Were you able to connect with your admin to see if they have any ideas on why some accounts were able to be connected vs. others? I would suggest contacting our support team but they’re likely going to recommend the same - checking with your admin as our logs may not give us any more information than you’re seeing. 

If from there, your admin is unsure of why this is happening either, I would then try contacting our support team to see if they have any additional advice for you: https://zapier.com/app/get-help 

9 times out of 10, this ends up being a permission setting on the admin side. Keep us posted! 🤞

Badge

Thank you both. I was able to solve it!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Thanks @alphaco for letting us know! If you’re inclined, we’d love to hear what worked in case other folks come across a similar issue. Feel free to update us at any time! 

-Rachael