Question

Can't get images from Instagram into my Webflow instagram feeds

• 15 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi, I guess Webflow is still very poor in integrations and doesn’t update their help center when they change things so I am left without guidance :( 

I have an Instagram to Webflow zap which sends any new Instagram post to a Webflow colelction list. But the images are not sent. 

The obsolete Webflow help doc says we should pick up the Instagram image Standard URL but there is no such thing. I tried with Media URl and Thumnail URL but none of them works, the item on Webflow appears without an image.

Could anyone help ? It used to work properly and suddenly stopped.

Many thx

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @MarkCF,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please send a screenshot of the “Action” section of your Webflow action step that shows all of its fields. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Hi, many thx for your prompt response. Please find attached 3 screeshots of the zap configuration.

Best regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @MarkCF,

Thanks for the screenshots!

It looks like the issue here is the typed “s” letter in the “Instagram Image” field. Could you please try removing that typed data on that field?

e1b0e95ac29128730504f6109f65f275.png
(view larger)

After removing the typed data on that field, please republish the Zap again and see if it’ll upload the image to Webflow.

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

Hi, I just did but didn’t help.

Coudl you please confirm what I have to chose for the Instagram image field :

Media url

OR

Thumnail url ?

Many thx!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @MarkCF,

Thanks for trying that out.

I believe it’s best to use the “Media URL” data from Instagram. Is there any way for you to change the “Instagram image” field in your Webflow app to a “File” field?

Please keep me posted!

Hi @ken.a , many thanks for your assistance! I have changed back the zap to media url from Instagram - but it was like this before. 

I cannot change the Instagram image field in Weflow, it is an image field of the collection list which populates the Instagram section on the homepage. The image is placed inside a Lightbox and is fed by the Instagram image field of the Collection list. I can send you a read-only link to our Webflow Designer if you wish, give me an e-mail I can send it to.

Kind regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @MarkCF,

Thanks for giving my suggestion a try.

Unfortunately, I have exhausted my resources regarding this one. I’d recommend reaching out to Webflow’s Support Team regarding why the image isn’t being uploaded to Webflow.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thank you for taking the time. I experience lots of bugs recently using Webflow, I hope they are working on it.

Kind regards