Best answer

Can't find specific sheet tab by name using Google Sheets

  • 5 December 2023
  • 11 replies
  • 211 views

Userlevel 1

Hello I have a zap that I have set to search for a tab in a google sheet by name. I search for multiple tabs in the zap and it returns all of them except for one specific tab. I’ve tried renaming the tab but for some reason it will return the tab. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

icon

Best answer by Dania 6 December 2023, 19:20

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Dania 

Good question.

It may be related to the dynamic Spreadsheet variable value.

 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Dania 

You may want to try using the GSheets API via this Zap action: GSheets - App Extensions

Use the AI to help you configure.

 

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Troy Tessalone I will give the API a try

 

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone I successfully pulled the sheet data using the API but now am at  a loss at how to utilize the data. I tried parsing out the tab ids, but even with that I can’t access the individual tab ids to pass into a step to the query the information on specific tabs. 

Any suggestions you have would be great. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Dania 

Try asking ChatGPT for help with a Code step.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone I feel like I’m missing something very simple. I’ve used the formatter by Zapier many of times. When I format my results for the Tab Id’s I get this response. 

 

When I try to use the formatted information I’m back to the string of text instead of the line items…..

 

Should I be able to access the rows of data from the format?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Dania 

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Formatter step is configured.

 

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Here’s the formatter step.

 

 

When testing it returns

 

 

 

When trying to access the formatted data I get this.

 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Dania 

Here’s an article to reference to help isolate the desired Worksheet ID based on the name:

 

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Thanks for all of your assistance. It turns out my issue was a space in the beginning of the tab name. That was the root cause of my error from the beginning 🤣. After removing the space everything is working as expected. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @Dania! Big thanks to Troy for lending a hand here.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Reply