Best answer

Can't find slack channel in the Pick a Channel dropdown

• 12 October 2022
  • 30 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m creating a Zap that posts to a slack channel, i’ve connected a Slack account, but when searching for the channel I can see many channels, but not the specific channel I’m looking for. 
Is there anything I need to do in order for a Slack channel to appear in the dropdown?
Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 18 October 2022, 18:24

View original

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @trabajar and @Oda!

Were you able to find the channel in the dropdown using the ID as @Troy Tessalone shared?

To be clear, you’ll need to type the ID here. 

If you’re still not able to find the correct channel, would you mind opening a ticket with my teammates in support and link back to this thread?
This is related to a known Slack bug that was closed 5 days ago but if you’re still running into this we definitely want to dig into it further!

I had similar issues to @Oda and @trabajar. I tried all the suggestions (hitting load more and entering the channel ID) and none of it worked. 

I reached out to support and they confirmed that it’s a known bug (bug report has been open since 2020). So I doubt this is going to get resolved anytime soon. 

For what it’s worth, this is only affecting certain private slack channels. Public channels all seem to be searchable. I only say certain private channels because I was able to find other private channels I belonged to just not the one I wanted. I also created a public channel, verified that I could find it, then converted it to a private channel and I could no longer find it anymore.

My workaround is going to be migrating my team to a public channel. 

I have the same problem, I don’t even have the option to select Custom. Some channels just don’t seem to be findable? Trying to connect Zoom with Slack. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @JJSH @larst 

I’ve added you both on the list of affected users and we’ll notify you via email once an update is available. Thanks.

The Slack ID worked for me, but make sure to be a member of the channel you are looking for