Best answer

Can't figure out why this zap stopped working

• 6 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a zap that I’ve used for years, that suddenly stopped working.

The zap is pretty simple.  When a new file is added to a specific folder on Dropbox, I’m sent an e-mail via Gmail that includes the file information, a link to the file on the Dropbox website, and the actual file attached.

A little over a week ago, this zap stopped working.  I checked the zap on Zapier, and it seems my connections to Dropbox and Gmail are fine.  I also don’t see any error messages for the zap itself.  And I’m beneath my zaps limit for the month.  So I’m at a loss as to why this suddenly stopped working.

Any help would be great appreciated!

icon

Best answer by ken.a 12 February 2024, 10:13

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @alexcr 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured to have full context.

Userlevel 1

Hi @alexcr 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured to have full context.

Hi, @Troy Tessalone.  I’m attaching screenshots.  (I’ve blurred out some confidential info.)  Let me know if there’s any other information that would be helpful.  Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@alexcr 

Dropbox help articles to reference for possible guidance: https://zapier.com/apps/dropbox/help

Try setting the Space.

Userlevel 1

@alexcr

Dropbox help articles to reference for possible guidance: https://zapier.com/apps/dropbox/help

Try setting the Space.

Thanks!  I checked out the help articles.  This explains it…

“Folder contains more entries than file_limit (4000)
Right now, you can only watch for new files in a Dropbox folder if the folder has less than 4000 items in it. You'll receive a hard error from Dropbox (and the Zap will not work) as soon as you exceed this limit. We're working on increasing this, though.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @alexcr,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like we have an open feature request to increase the limit of files/folders to over 4000.

I have added your vote to the open feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Hi there @alexcr,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like we have an open feature request to increase the limit of files/folders to over 4000.

I have added your vote to the open feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps!

Sounds great.  Thank you, @ken.a!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @alexcr! I’m glad I was able to help by adding your vote to the open feature request.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗