Question

Can't connect Zap to Google Drive - what might I being wrong?

• 9 February 2023
  • 5 replies

I am trying to set up Zap from Squadcast to Google Drive and it’s not connecting. Any steps I can follow that are stupid easy and explains each step? I am smarter than I sound and am frustrated :) Thank you.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Robin Glickstein 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have context, thanks.

Make sure to include screenshots of any encountered errors too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Robin Glickstein

Oh no! I totally get it, hopefully I can be of some assistance here. First things first, when you mentioned that it is not connecting, are you receiving an error message, or is the Zap not pulling up information from your Google drive at all. 

You also mentioned wanting step by step, I’ll see what I can do. Can you please share what actions you are looking to achieve with this Zap? That way I can guide you towards the correct trigger and action. 

Hi Troy and Chanelle,

Thank you for you for your nice responses and for your willingness to help. Here is where I am right now. I set it up and it is not commecting to my Google Drive, even when I click the button for My Google Drive. In my Google Drive, I have a folder called MindFULL conversations (2 lls because my mind is so FULL!). That’s the name of my podcast. In the MindFULL conversations folder I have set up a Squadcast Recordings folder. I want to use Squadcast and have all recordings save to Google Drive. Does this help?  :) Robin

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Robin Glickstein! Thanks for sharing those!

Hmm, so it looks like the error is there wasn’t any sample Squadcast files to upload to Google Drive.

I know this may seem silly but I wonder if we can check to double check the Squadcast app connection. The good news is this app is owned and maintained by their team and they came up with this handy guide to walk through. 🙂

The “Connecting your SquadCast to Zapier” section may be useful for us here. Once we’ve done that, we’ll want to load a new sample to your trigger which is outlined here

Please keep us posted if this gets you back on track! 

Thanks, Christina! I’ll give it another whirl! :) Robin