Skip to main content

This post was split from the topic: 

I am experiencing the inability to reconnect Zapier to my Shopify store.  In doing some research, it seems a large group of individuals are starting to experience the same problem.   Zapier, we need this problem fixed.

Hi @kentdicks, welcome to the Community! 👋

Hope you don’t mind but as the error message you’re running into differs from what was discussed in the previous thread I’ve moved your post out into it’s own topic so we can address this issue separately. 

Can you confirm whether the Shopify account has full admin or collaborator access?

If it’s a collaborator does it have the necessary app and channel access permissions enabled? You can read more about Shopify's different account permissions here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/staff-accounts/staff-permissions/staff-permissions-descriptions 

Thanks, I look forward to your reply! 

@SamB, chiming in here as we are now also experiencing this issue. I got a load of emails saying there was a possible error on one of my Zaps. In my case, it’s full admin, so shouldn’t have any issues. See attached image for the specific error.

However, on the Zap runs details page, everything is showing as “successful”.

I was able to resolve the Issue by providing the actual Shopify number originally assigned to the shop, instead of the URL of store.

Thanks so much for the update here @kentdicks. I’m so pleased you were able to get this resolved! 🙌

@BeautyArtsAesthetics - there was an incident for the Shopify app reported yesterday which I think might have been what suddenly caused issues for you too: https://status.zapier.com/incidents/lw6287689jpt.

It’s since been resolved so things should be working again. But if not, please try reconnecting your Shopify account with the Shopify number instead of the username as @kentdicks mentioned above and let us know whether that fixes it. 

hi @SamB,

today, I tried to connect our Shopify Account with Zapier and got the same error message. I also tried using the Shopify ShopID but it doesn’t work as well. Using the number returned this error

Please can you help.

Thanks for reaching out here, @KickAssSports. And welcome to the Community! 🎉

Sorry using the ID for the store didn’t work. Can you confirm what the current status is of the Shopify store your attempting to connect?

Asking as it needs to be active and not paused/inactive in order for Zapier to connect to it successfully. You can view the status of your shop from within your Shopify account directly.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Hi @SamB,

we changed the plan to “Shopify” but still getting this error

After uninstalling the app in Shopify I got this error in Shopify

Thanks for the update @KickAssSports! I’m so sorry that you’re now seeing a “This app is currently unsupported” message in Shopify.

I did some digging and spotted that you also reached out to our Support team about this and they’ve got back to you with a suggestion. Not sure if that has done the trick, but thought I’d share it here in case it’s helpful to others that stumble across this thread in future:

“If the error persists after trying the primary domain, the custom subdomain may (counterintuitively) do the trick. When prompted for the Shopify Username, enter the subdomain of your Shopify store instead of the main domain.”

If that doesn’t work I’d recommend continuing your conversation with the Support team directly as they may be able to access additional information from the logs for your account that may help to shed some light on what’s causing this. If it’s a bug they’ll be able to open up a bug report on your behalf so that our engineers can investigate this further and work towards resolving it.

Please do keep us updated on how you get on with them, keen to ensure this gets sorted! 

A workaround is using the a custom subdomain, but it stays as workaround.

It’s not perfect and Zapier should fix the issue asap.

Glad to hear that did the trick @KickAssSports🙂

Totally agree with you, it would be far better to not need to use a workaround for this! I’m unable to open a bug report for this on my end, so you’d need to continue the email conversation you’ve got going with the Support team so they can help to get that sorted. Please do let me know if there’s anything else I can help with in the meantime.