Question

Can't connect to new Mailerlite - error 419 Page has Expired

Userlevel 1
Badge

When i try to connect mailerlite (new app version), it gives me this error. I’m logged into mailerlite on the same browser, but trying with a guest browser didn’t work either. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @allterrain 

Good question.

You can try using a new/different private browser to connect MailerLite to Zapier.

About MailerLite's Integration

What kind of authentication does MailerLite use?

MailerLite uses OAuth.

Do I need a paid MailerLite account to use MailerLite with Zapier?

You don't need a specific MailerLite plan to use MailerLite with Zapier.

Do I need special account permissions in MailerLite to use MailerLite with Zapier?

There aren't any specific MailerLite account permissions to connect MailerLite to Zapier.

Are there any API token limits in MailerLite when I use MailerLite with Zapier?

No, there are no token limits when using MailerLite with Zapier.

Are there any webhook subscription limits in MailerLite when I use MailerLite with Zapier?

MailerLite doesn't have any webhook subscription limits when you use MailerLite with Zapier.

Are custom fields in MailerLite supported when I use MailerLite with Zapier?

Yes, MailerLite supports custom fields.

Does MailerLite use real trigger samples from my MailerLite account?

Yes, MailerLite provides real trigger samples from your MailerLite account.

What kind of MailerLite hosted account can I use with Zapier?

MailerLite's Zapier integration supports both self-hosted and cloud-hosted accounts.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi.As I mentioned above, I already tried on a different browser. 

But I opened Edge (which I never use, as I’m using Chrome) and tried it again anyway. 

Same error. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @allterrain! 👋

Sorry to hear of the troubles in adding your MailerLite account. As the error is saying that the page expired that would suggest that the session has expired while processing the request to connect to MailerLite. Which might be more indicative of an issue on MailerLite’s end rather than an issue on the Zapier side.

That said, can you try adding a MailerLite trigger or action directly within a Zap, and attempt to add a connection to MailerLite that way? Just wondering whether the issue is specifically occurring when attempting to connect through the My Apps section or if it’s also an issue when connecting via a Zap as well. Looking forward to your response here!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve tried both methods (via the new zap page, and “my apps” page) and both return the same error. 

Mailerlite said the issue is with Zapier, as they handle the authorization. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

This was their response to my ticket yesterday: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@allterrain 

Have you tried restarting your computer?

I was not able to replicate your issue as I was successful in connecting MailerLite to Zapiers.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, I did restart. Here are all my troubleshooting steps: 

1. Tried logging out of Zapier and ML
  2. Used guest chrome browser
  3. Used Microsoft Edge (never use this browser) 
  4. Tried to add app from “My apps” page and from the zap itself
  5. Restarted computer/browser several times. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@allterrain 

Try to connect on a different device?

Have you confirming you’ve correctly switched to the newest MailerLite version IN MailerLite?

Are you using the correct MailerLite Zap app?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I only have one device…
And yes, I’m definitely connecting to the new version, because when I click “classic” it asks for an API code, and the new one only asks for login details. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@allterrain 

You can try connecting on a mobile device that has a web browser.

Perhaps ask someone else on a different device to try to connect for you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @allterrain - sorry to hear about the troubles. 
Apologies for trying to run through this again but just wanted to make sure is your MailerLite account on their latest platform? The reason I ask is our notes indicate authorization issues typically point to this. MailerLite shared this article on how to verify this that might be worth checking out.  

MailerLite - Current Version

MailerLite Classic - Previous Version

If you have accounts on both versions, the MailerLite app is going to be the one you should use.

Full transparency though, I know you’ve contacted MailerLite’s support and they’ve advised otherwise but both apps are currently owned and managed by a team of developers at MailerLite. You can see this referenced here on their site for the Zapier integration under Developer.

Is it possible they have any extra insight to share that could be useful? We definitely want to make sure you’re squared away here so please keep us in the loop!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m using the new version of Mailerlite: 

And I’m selecting the “new version” app from Zapier’s side. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for confirming that, @allterrain

Hmm, this is really odd, I’m not seeing any other reports of this error when connecting to MailerLite. So it doesn’t appear to be a widespread issue at the moment which is a good sign. Have you heard anything further from MailerLite’s support team about this?

I’m wondering if it’s having an issue with you already being logged into MailerLite. I know this going to be annoying but can you try logging out of both MailerLite and Zapier in your browser. Then log back into Zapier and attempt to add the connection to MailerLite again? I’m thinking that might then allow Zapier to make the connection to MailerLite correctly. 

Could you please give that a try and let us know if that helps fix it? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I already tried logging in/out

as well as deleting browser cache/cookies/settings

as well as using a browser I’ve never used for either account before (Microsoft Edge). 

I’ve tried with a different mailerlite account (also the new version) and I get the same error message. 

No further response from Malierlite

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ah sorry for missing that, @allterrain. In that case, it could well be that this is a bug that just hasn’t been reported yet. So I’d suggest contacting our Support team as they can investigate the logs for your account to get further details on the error and submit a bug report to the app’s developers on your behalf.

I wish I had a more immediate fix to suggest here. I‘d also suggest reaching out MailerLite’s support team again and ask whether they’re able to see any error logs on their side for the attempts to connect your account through Zapier. It may be that they’re able to see some further details on their end that could indicate what’s causing this issue.🤞

Please do keep up updated on this, I’m super interested to find out what’s causing this error. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Already sent a support request, but haven’t heard back yet. Mailerlite still hasn’t come back either. I guess since both are free accounts, neither is really bothered to fix it. I’ve made a different plan in the meantime.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m so sorry to hear you’ve not had a response back from either of them yet, @allterrain. 😔

Please know that we do care and we’ll do everything we can to help the MailerLite’s app developers to resolve this issue. I’m really glad you’ve found an alternative in the meantime.

Do keep an eye out for the Support teams responses, we’ve had cases where their replies have ended up in people’s junk folders by accident so it’s worth checking in there too!

And if they do come back with a solution, or at the very least are able to identify the cause of the issue here, please let us know! 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

So this is becoming very frustrating. Here is Mailerlite’s response. 

When I asked how to move over to the new version, this was the response: 

A document which looks meant for developers. So….yeah….

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @allterrain!

So sorry about this frustrating experience! I did a bit of digging and, as far as I can see, you’re attempting to connect with the latest version of Mailerlite’s Zapier app. I do see that they have multiple versions, so I can confirm what the Mailerlite agent said. I don’t see any connections to previous versions in your account, so that wouldn’t be affecting anything.

Because you haven’t succeeded in connecting, I don’t see your email address in the list of users who’ve authenticated using that latest version. Can you try connecting again? I see some notes by the Mailerlite developers that might be promising, in terms of migrated users.

I’m going to add comments to your Support ticket as well, so the agent who helps you has access to what I’ve uncovered. Hopefully you’re able to connect now!

Userlevel 1
Badge

you’re attempting to connect with the latest version of Mailerlite’s Zapier app

I have no idea what this means. This is the Mailerlite ‘button’ I select when trying to connect the app. 

I use this one, because I’m on the “new Mailerlite app” as evidenced by this screenshot. 

All this talk about migration, I have no idea what you’re speaking about. I did try and connect again, but I got the same error. 

Step One: (mind you, I’m already logged in on this browser, but it still asks me to log in via a popup window) 

Step two: 

Error message

Userlevel 1
Badge

Mailerlite has basically washed their hands of this. I am still to hear from Zapier support. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry you’re still running into issues here @allterrain. It looks like our Support team has since sent a reply your way with some instructions to try! 🙂

I’ll include them here in case they were missed:

Could you please try to find your API Key to log in to your MailerLite using the step below?

"Login to your MailerLite account and go to Integrations. Click on [Developer API] (https://app.mailerlite.com/integrations/api) and you will find the API key there."

Also, I dived deep into the logs and found this error:

Fix: You need to go to the Zap editor to connect and select your MailerLite (1.4.0) account.

This looks like your account is still not yet migrated to the latest version (MailerLiteV2CLIAPI@1.6.0) although this is only a hunch based on the error message I received. 

If that doesn’t work I’d encourage you to continue the conversation with them in that email thread to troubleshoot this further.

Please keep us in the loop on how you get on here, want to make sure this gets resolved!