Best answer

Can't access some Firebase collections

• 20 February 2023
  • 6 replies

I am currently experiencing a problem with my Firebase collections where only a subset of collections are showing, and the "load more" option is grayed out. I am also unable to manually type the name of the collection that I want to access.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem before, or do you have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue? I would greatly appreciate any advice or guidance on this matter.

Is this related to firebase rules? 

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

icon

Best answer by SamB 27 March 2024, 17:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mizal 

Good question.

Have you reviewed the available help articles for using Firebase in Zaps to see if those can offer any guidance/troubleshooting: https://zapier.com/apps/firebase/help

About Firebase's Integration

Connecting with Firebase

miscEye icon Note

Currently, the integration supports only US-hosted databases. If your database is in a different region, please contact Zapier Support to request this feature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @mizal!

Were you able to get to the bottom of things with the resources that Troy shared or do you need some more help with this?

Let us know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @mizal! 👋

I don’t think Firebase rules are what’s preventing the other collections from loading. I did some digging and found that there’s a bug that’s preventing the full list of collections from loading. So I’ve added you to the list of affected users. I don’t have an ETA on when that will be fixed but we’ll email you as soon as it is!

In the meantime, it should be possible to manually select the collection by typing its ID (unique name) into the field. As it didn’t allow you to enter the name into the field, I’m guessing the Custom value option wasn’t selected.

You’d need to choose the Custom value option from the dropdown (in the Collection field) and then typing in the ID for the collection into that Collection field:
ac5917de207d8d4336c0364610072383.png

Can you give that a try and let us know if that allows you to select the collection? 

Hey there @mizal! 👋

I don’t think Firebase rules are what’s preventing the other collections from loading. I did some digging and found that there’s a bug that’s preventing the full list of collections from loading. So I’ve added you to the list of affected users. I don’t have an ETA on when that will be fixed but we’ll email you as soon as it is!

In the meantime, it should be possible to manually select the collection by typing its ID (unique name) into the field. As it didn’t allow you to enter the name into the field, I’m guessing the Custom value option wasn’t selected.

You’d need to choose the Custom value option from the dropdown (in the Collection field) and then typing in the ID for the collection into that Collection field:
ac5917de207d8d4336c0364610072383.png

Can you give that a try and let us know if that allows you to select the collection? 

Hello @SamB , @Danvers @Troy Tessalone , I have the same issue. And clicking Custom doesn’t work either.  The option is greyed out as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here @Charles Brown

Sorry to hear you’re running into this issue as well. I’ve added you to the list of affected users as well so we’ll be able to notify you the moment it’s fixed.

In the meantime, you’ll need select the Custom option and then manually type in the ID number for the collection you want to select, into the Collection field:
97bdeb8f4b25b213ab566159d0fd845a.png

Selecting the custom option won’t get the list of other collections to appear in the dropdown menu. It just allows you to manually select it by allowing you to enter it’s ID number.

Hope that helps to clarify! 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey friends 👋

Just popping by to share that the bug that causing only the first 20 collections to be loaded in the dropdown has been fixed! 😁

It’s now possible to load in more than 20 collections, although you may need to click on the + Load more or Refresh results button from the dropdown menu in the Collection field to see the additional collections if they’ve not been loaded in already.

That said if you give that a try and are still having issues selecting the necessary collection do get in touch and we’ll be happy to assist!