Best answer

Can someone help set up an automation to push new roles from Bullhorn CRM to Webflow CMS?

• 13 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I’m trying to set an automation for a client for when they add new roles to their Bullhorn CRM, this role is also pushed to Webflow to create an item in the CMS and display this on the website.

The second part is easy, as I done this before with other tools, but Bullhorn seems to be different.

When I set what I think is the right Trigger (New Opportunity) it does not allow me to pick a list of roles or similar, instead it asks me to set different fields to look at, and from there it find opportunities.

However, these opportunities have fields that don’t correlate with what we need (job role, location, department, etc).

The automation we’re looking is very straightforward. If a role is added, grab the info from the role and paste it in the Webflow fields, but Bullhorn seems to work differently and I can’t find these roles.

If someone has ever done this, would appreciate the help. 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by SamB 18 January 2023, 15:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @EthanSuero! 👋

Hmm, that New Opportunity trigger might not be the right one to use here. Am I right in thinking that these new roles you’re looking to trigger on are new job postings/vacancies? And you’re looking to select a particular type of role associated with that job vacancy?

Or are the roles a type of opportunity within Bullhorn CRM?

Sorry for my confusion here, I’m not super familiar with Bullhorn so wanted to double-check I’m understanding the situation correctly. We’ll be keeping an eye out for your reply!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @EthanSuero! Just wanting to check in here! We’d love to help you sort this one out and with more information, we can get you pointed in the right direction (or log a feature request on your behalf if this ends up not being possible at the moment). Keep us posted!

Hi @jesse,

What we want to do is, every time a new job has been added to Bullhorn, the role information is sent to Webflow so it creates an item in the CMS and publish the job on the website as well. However, this does not seem to be possible at the moment based on my tests.

Perhaps I’m missing something, I’m not an expert, but with other Recruitment platforms I managed to do this easily, it seems that Bullhorn works differently.

Any help is appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for clarifying that @EthanSuero

What you’d need here is a “New Job” trigger but I can’t see that available. I’ve done some further checking on this side and found we’ve got a feature request open for the ability to trigger Zaps when new job vacancies are added to Bullhorn CRM so I’ve added your vote to that. We’ll post any updates here and will notify you by email as soon as that trigger gets added.

In the meantime, if you can get an email notification sent to you with details about the job that’s been added to Bullhorn then you could trigger on those emails instead. You’d want to use an email parsing app like Email Parser by Zapier as the trigger on your Zap instead. Check out our Trigger Zaps from new parsed emails guide for more details. Hope that helps! 🙂

Hi @SamB,

I've got the same issue as @EthanSuero and still trying to wrap my head around why this (the most basic of things) isn't possible. But if i understand correctly even with the ‘New Project’ trigger (which triggers when a new JobOrder is added to Bullhorn) this won't work? 

I love your work-around but now I'm worried that even having a candidate apply for a particulair vacancy and sync this data back to Bullhorn is going to be a problem. Or is the ‘Webflow form submission’ > ‘Creates a new Lead a solid option? 

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @RVB! 👋

Ah ok, I’m not super familiar with Bullhorn, are new vacancies referred to as JobOrders in Bullhorn? If so then it would seem that New Project trigger could be used here. 

If not then I could add your vote to that existing feature request too. Looking forward to your reply!