Question

Can only choose top directory in OneDrive

• 4 November 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to take a form submission and add it to a new row in an Excel spreadsheet in a OneDrive sub-folder.

The spreadsheet is located in “/Freeze Dried USA/docs/zapier/submissions.xlsx” but when I try to specify the folder, I can only choose one of the top folders. Whether I click the dot, the name or the arrow on the right, it puts “Freeze Dried USA in the folder field, and acts like it’s done. I cannot view or choose any of the subfolders. 

If I choose “Load more” it just lists the same top-level folders again below the original folder list. 

How do I drill down to the sub-folders where the spreadsheet is stored? 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @freezedriedusa 

Good question.

Try clicking the right arrow on an option.

Userlevel 1

That’s what I thought, but when I click the arrow, it puts the “Freeze Dried USA” folder in the field and doesn’t give me any other options, besides “Go to top folder”. I thought it might be a wierd caching issue, but I tried in a private browser and it still does it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@freezedriedusa 

Try clicking the [Load More] button.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@freezedriedusa 

If you know the internal ID of the Folder, then you can set that using the ‘Custom’ tab.

Userlevel 1

When I click “Load more” it gives me a 2nd (duplicate) directory listing of the root directory… 

Here’s the start of the directory listing the first time...

This is the end of the first list, and the beginning of the duplicate directory listing. You can see the folders in the 2nd listing are the same as above…

Userlevel 1

This is weird… I tried another folder, and it let me drill down to the sub-folders. I’ll dig into that and see where it gets me. Thanks for you help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @freezedriedusa,

How's everything going with this issue? Were you able to sort it out? If you still need some assistance, I'm more than happy to help! 😊

Userlevel 1

Thanks Ken! I didn’t realize I needed to keep clicking on the Load more button until the sub-folder I want appears. I guess I was expecting a directory tree I could browse, similar to a file manager. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @freezedriedusa,

Thanks for the update!

You’re correct. You’d need to click on the “Load more” button until your desired sub-folder appears. I know this is not an ideal solution, but I’ll be passing over this feedback to our internal database, which our product teams use when looking to make improvements and changes to Zapier.

I appreciate your understanding!