Best answer

Bug with "Get Many Spreadsheet Rows (Advanced, With Line Item Support)"???

• 13 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

It seems like there is bug with the "Get Many Spreadsheet Rows (Advanced, With Line Item Support)" action in the Google Sheets app or it is either poorly named and described. The description says "Returns many rows (20 max.) as a single JSON value and flat rows (line items)".

Based on this description I would expect that I can access the 20 line items in subsequent actions similar to the 10 line items (max) I can access when using the "Find Many Spreadsheet Rows (With Line Item Support)" action through the “RowsCol$x” values (see second image).

However, when I go to pull the line items in in subsequent actions I only see two string fields "Rows" and "Raw Rows" containing the row information, the columns are not individually accessible and will need an intermediary parsing steps to extract the column values.

Can you please tell me if this is expected behavior or if this is a bug?

Data available from Get Many Spreadsheet Rows (Advanced, with Line Item Support)
Data available from Find Many Spreadsheet Rows (with Line Item Support)

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 13 April 2021, 15:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@tpretori 

I believe this is intended, as per the description, it returns a single JSON object.

As you’ve found, you can use a formatter to parse it out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @tpretori,

The returned data are known as line items, you just need to parse them using a formatter tool to be able to use the individual columns as a variable.

Here’s the tool you’ll need to parse the data: https://zapier.com/help/create/format/convert-line-items-into-text-strings

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks Rob and Andrew. That makes sense. I guess I was just expecting to pull in the column values the same way as “Find Many Spreadsheet Rows (With Line Item Support)” since they are named similarly

Userlevel 1

My problem with that split -tool is that it gives me the x -amount of rows, but all of the data is on all of the rows.

So, “Get Many Spreadsheet Rows...” gives me in this example 6 rows. 

But the “Line-item to Text” gives me this:

Basically all 6 rows are in one line times six. 

I have tried different seperators like ‘,’. 

Any clues what I do wrong?