Best answer

Bug: Filter by text doesn't work for line items

• 26 April 2024
  • 5 replies

The current filter functionality does not behave as expected when used with line items. There appears to be a discrepancy between the UI display and the actual data processing logic.

• Scenario: When using a filter such as (Text) contains "," on a field with line items displayed as "123123,292929". So it’s “Only continue if "123123,292929" contains “,”.
  • Expected Behavior: The filter should trigger because the combined field value shown in the UI contains a comma.
  • Actual Behavior: The filter does not trigger. It seems that the system is checking each line item individually (i.e., "123123" and "292929" separately), neither of which contains a comma, rather than the combined string.

Or same if you use:

So it should only continue if “Candidate Duplicates” doesn’t exactly match “Candidate ID”.

Candidate Duplicates is here a line-item(s).

Example:

• Candidate Duplicates shows in the UI as “61289731, 64942779, 65480446, 66053111, 68455381, 70584611”.
  • Candidate Id is “70584611”

In the Zap Run History it looks then like this:

So it should’ve continued, but it didn’t.

Probably because it checked each value individually and the last value exactly matches the candidate id, but not all values together.

Please fix or make clear in the UI. Or am I missing something?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 26 April 2024, 23:38

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Kroeger 

Try adding this Zap action step: Formatter > Utilities > Line Items to Text

This flattens the array of line items into a text string.

Then map the output variable from the Formatter step to the Filter step.

Yeah did that (and worked), but would be nice if it works out of the box in future.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Kroeger 

Feedback and feature requests can be submitted via a ticket to Zapier Support for those to be properly logged: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

@Kroeger

Feedback and feature requests can be submitted via a ticket to Zapier Support for those to be properly logged: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Yeah ticket is already open but answer is just “It’s expected, use formatter to fix”. Wrote first with the live chat and they told me 5 different things which all made 0 sense. Wasted 1h of my live.

So maybe some Product Manager looks at zapier community and writes down problems to fix