Skip to main content

Hello,

I am trying to send some text data from my bubble.io app to notion.

Goal: I would like to create a new Notion db item in a table with the text from my bubble app.

The zap works during testing within zapier (including using data from the bubble.io app), the new table item is created successfully.

However, when I trigger the zap from the bubble.io app, the db item created is empty.

Here are the steps:

“Data out” tab from the bubble.io step looks correct, with the text values I expected to see:

For the Notion step (2), the “Data in” looks suspect with the {{ }} which I understand means something went wrong/changed.

“Data out” for the Notion step confirms that something went wrong - and also explains the empty db item that is created in my table.

Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.

Hi @rory_malcolm 

Those are nested “properties”.

You may have to do custom pill mapping:

I did need to perform “custom pill mapping” after all. This was not intuitive at all. There’s a bug here for sure, not sure where. I suspect on the Zapier side as I needed to ignore Zapier’s suggested pills and write my own.

1. I click a button in my app which calls the zap with the applicable data. I was able to use this to create a test record within Zapier. Everything works fine when I test the zap in Zapier: the notion DB is populated as expected.
  2. However, when I publish the zap, I press the EXACT SAME BUTTON in my app that I used to send the test data, but instead the notion DB creates an item that is completely blank.
  3. It turns out, that the suggested values Zapier was feeding me was actually not correct. Somehow. Pictured here, these suggestions from the test record result in the wrong pills to be generated (for some reason the word “text” is appended to the end of each, also underscores instead of space characters).

Here is the difference between Zapier’s suggested “insert data for <field>” and what I needed to change it to actually work:

Zapier’s suggested pill values for the test data (it was so easy to click so I assumed Zapier was pretty confident about this)

{{260143391__customer_text}}
{{260143391__feature_requested_text}}
{{260143391__Input_text_text}}
{{260143391__context_text}}

The custom pills that I needed to manually write (and ignore Zapier’s suggestions):

{{260143391__Customer}}
{{260143391__Feature requested}}
{{260143391__Input text}}
{{260143391__Context}}

@rory_malcolm 

I recommend submitting a ticket with Zapier Support and mention that the issue seems to be with nested data objects.