Best answer

Bubble data not included in Slack notification

• 14 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have set up zapier to send notifications to a slack channel when someone signs up to a bubble app. 

I set up the integration and tested it and it works fine. But when I sign up on the live version of the website, the slack messages are missing information from the app. 

Looking at the app runs, I can view the sign up information in the data out section of the bubble integration. But data in for the slack trigger has no information.

I have attached screenshots below. Any tips on how I could fix this?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 19 February 2024, 07:54

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @absahni,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I believe the issue here is that when the Zap runs the mapped data from Bubble to the Slack action “Message Text” field is not being sent to Slack.

7bc8fa9a9381ebb8ab956536d6c20a95.png
(view larger)

Could you please try these for me:

1. Turn off the Zap.
  2. Reconnect your Bubble account.
  3. Head to your Bubble trigger step.
  4. Load in a new sample data by clicking on the “Find new records” button.
  5. Use the newly loaded in sample data.
  6. Remap your Slack action step.

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1

Hi Ken,

I followed the steps listed above but that hasn’t worked. This works when I test the zap but it doesnt work when the zap is triggered from my bubble app.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @absahni,

Thanks for trying that out.

I have a hunch here that when the Zap runs the data in the sample data doesn’t match. Could you please try following this help article from Bubble on how to setup Bubble with Zapier: https://manual.bubble.io/core-resources/bubble-made-plugins/zapier#set-up-in-bubble

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1

I followed the steps in the article and then deleted all the zaps and setup them up again and it worked.

Thank you Ken.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an awesome news @absahni! I’m glad to hear that the issue is now resolved!

Happy Zapping! ⚡️