Question

Bringing information from monday.com to GSheet using 2 different boards and a Zap filter in between

• 13 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey guys, I’m trying to bring information from monday.com to a Google sheet that is not working as I want it to.

This is the zaps steps:

• Trigger: an specific column change in monday.com
  • Action: Filter by Zapier - only continues if the value of the column is an exact value
    • I have tried using the action: Get item by column value in monday.com too
  • Action: This is where I’m have a problem
    • I need to use the filter in step 2 as a key to get the column values from another monday.com board
  • Action: Send the data from the board in the action above to GSheets.

Let me create an example to make it easier to understand:

1. The value of a status column on board “1. Clients” changed
  2. Filter by Zapier will check if the value in the column that changed is “Complete”
  3. If the column value is “Complete”, it needs to use the “Client name” as the key to send all column values from board “2. Client Information” to a Google sheet.

This, however, is not happening. Can anyone help me?

Cheers,

TP

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Thiago Polati 

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry you’re having trouble with your Zap.

Before we dig deeper into this, can you please share a detailed screenshot of how the Zap is configured to give us enough context? (Kindly blur any personal information/detail in the Zap)

Userlevel 1

Hey Brem, excelent day and happy Monday to you!

Here is the screenshot of the zap:

1. The trigger is when a specific column value changes in a board in monday.com
    1. I didn’t find a field where I could specify the column to watch for a change.
    2. This is the screenshot of the trigger.
  1. This step watches the specific column change I want to monitor.
    1. I’m monitoring the same monday.com board as the one in the trigger.
  1. Here is where I’m having the issue.
    1. I want to use the information from the previous steps to look inside another board and send that info to Google Sheet
    2. Example: I want to get the customer’s name from the previous board and use it to find their information on another board.
  1. And finally send the information to Google Sheets.

Cheers and thank you,

TP

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Thiago Polati!

For these steps:

1. I want to use the information from the previous steps to look inside another board and send that info to Google Sheet
  2. Example: I want to get the customer’s name from the previous board and use it to find their information on another board.

It sounds like you need to use the Get Item by Column Value Monday.com action as that pulls all the details for an item based on the value in one column (eg the name).

Taking a step back, I’m not sure that you need the second action your Zap. From what you’ve described, you could use the following steps:

1. Specific Column Value Changed in Board
  2. Get Item by Column Value (from the second board)
  3. Update row in Google sheets

The trigger should get all the information for the item that triggered the Zap. You mentioned that you can’t specify the column to watch, that’s the column ID that you set in the trigger options (outlined in the screenshot below).

​I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 1

Hey Danvers, gratitude for your answer!

I’ll try it out and let you know.

Cheers and have an amazing day today!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @Thiago Polati! So glad @Danvers was able to help. 🙂

It looks like what they’ve suggested here should sort it but please do report back to confirm whether that’s definitely the case!