Question

Brevo error: Add or Update Contact, Error (400) Only alphanumeric and underscore char allowed (invalid_parameter)

• 5 July 2023
  • 5 replies

I am trying to move leads generated with Facebook ad to Brevo contact list. The zap is simple but it gives me this error. 

Failed to create a contact in Brevo (FKA SendinBlue)

Error from halted execution: Add or Update Contact >> Error (400): Only alphanumeric and underscore char allowed (invalid_parameter)

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Valentina Yoga,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into the error, and it seems like the error is related to the “Attributes” field in the Brevo action step. Before we dive deeper, could you please send a screenshot that shows all of the fields of your Brevo action step? Here’s an example screenshot of what I’m looking for:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks! 😊

Hello -

I too am receiving this error when trying to upload reservation contacts from Hostaway to Brevo. See the screenshot for the specific fields. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @CCramer10148,

It looks like the “Attributes” need to be created in your Brevo account beforehand. Please follow the instructions under the “Attribute” field help(more) tooltip:

3e2b919df04d295303d94f03a7a224ca.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps.

Same issue here and I don’t know how to add an attribute to brave and where? Please a step by step guide

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @barnabynagy,

Brevo has a help article on how to setup your Brevo action step. You can read more about that here: https://help.brevo.com/hc/en-us/articles/9556160208018-Use-Zapier-to-automatically-add-or-update-your-new-contacts-in-Brevo

Hopefully, this helps!