Question

Blurry Instagram images from automated RSS feed: How to fix resolution or dimension issue

• 15 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello everyone chatgpt told me you are an amazing community so hoping for some help. I have managed to sort almost everything I want to do - I have built an ocean view site that will automate new ocean view listings from my realtor idx feed - i am using rss feeds so that anytime a new listing comes up it will be posted to various social media - everything seems to be ok but the images used show up blurry on instagram not sure if this is a resolution issue or a dimension issue - but I can not seem to solve it - choosing raw data image (jpeg) for phot post - tried using raw data url - tried adding dimensions - instagram would not allow - want this process to be automatic hoping a solution but I am hitting a wall here, thanks to any of you for taking the time to respond. I will provide any more info if I have not explained this well enough.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@ocean view ai - glad to see you here in the Zapier Community! We appreciate the kind words from our pals at ChatGPT!

I’m tagging in @nicksimard who stood up our new AI page (check it out if you haven’t yet!) as he might have some advice here. TIA Nick! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @ocean view ai! Happy to look into this for you. Would you happen to have the URL of a raw image URL that was sent to Instagram from your feed? You could probably copy and paste it from your Zap History. If you open that URL in a browser and it shows up blurry, then it may be a resolution issue with how the feed is generated. If so, that’s going to be something to troubleshoot with the company responsible for generating that feed.

Otherwise, if it shows up in full/clear resolution, there may be another issue going on here. At that point, a screenshot of how you have your action template configured will be helpful. Just be sure you take the screenshot while in “Edit” mode and be sure to blur out any personally identifiable information.

Looking forward to hearing back!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Jesse i actually sorted it all by using zapier formatting chat gpt helped me blunt through all issues pretty cool i think what i set up ocean-view.ai and you will see facebook twitter and instagram on it all auto update - i am trying to introduce hashtags now which works perfectly on facebook and twitter and the test works on instagram but subsequent posts do not have hashtags my latest problem - have to say i am blown away by zapier did not even know about it until chatgpt suggested to it and the possibilities are mind blowing to me - of course the final thing of this site is to put chatgpt on my site if you have any ideas? i have the api but don’t know how to do it although i have been trying 14 different ways lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @ocean view ai,

We’re glad to know you were able to get it sorted!

Additionally, to implement ChatGPT on your site, you might consider working with a web developer who can assist you in integrating the ChatGPT API effectively. They can help you with the technical aspects and ensure a smooth integration.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Ken - I am committed to trying to sort this myself as I am working on a number of sites - have been learning a great deal as I go - thanks for taking the time to respond : )