Best answer

BILING Region Invalid error

• 12 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Field
mapping

error

I’m getting an error passing a contact from Kajabi to Keap. 
Yes, I’ve contacted customer service, 
And I’ve tried troubleshooting with other experts. 

We can’t figure out what is milling or “invalid” for the billing region.

icon

Best answer by shalgrim 13 October 2022, 19:43

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @reneetrask !

Yeah, unfortunately that’s the entirety of the response we get back from Keap’s API.

I’ve noticed you’ve received these errors when sending “TX” and “US - TX”. Have you tried “US-TX” without the spaces? I searched Google for “BILLING Region is invalid” and came up with some hits, including this one, that indicates that maybe “US-TX” would work.

Let us know how that works!

Hi @reneetrask !

Yeah, unfortunately that’s the entirety of the response we get back from Keap’s API.

I’ve noticed you’ve received these errors when sending “TX” and “US - TX”. Have you tried “US-TX” without the spaces? I searched Google for “BILLING Region is invalid” and came up with some hits, including this one, that indicates that maybe “US-TX” would work.

Let us know how that works!

Thank you, 
I will try that. 

So does that mean going forward I should do a utilities table to convert TX to US-TX?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @reneetrask 

Whenever you have such response in any app, I would suggest you watch this quick tutorial I made to determine what value the app is expecting. 

In case it is expecting “US-TX” instead of “US - TX”, you can use the Formatter by Zapier > Text > trim whitespace. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

So does that mean going forward I should do a utilities table to convert TX to US-TX?

It seems like they always want US-XX for any US state, so you’ll need to get the states in that format. I’d personally just use US-{{map-the-field-here}} instead of a lookup table, and that would use fewer steps. I.e., you don’t have to only put a mapping in the field. You can type “US-” and then do the mapping

Can I do it like that directly in Zapier? 
Where it adds the US- to a merged state. 
Is that what you were meaning?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Yep, exactly like that, as shown in this picture