Best answer

BigCommerce orders to Google Sheets - need to get product option values

• 7 February 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m creating a Zap that adds new BigCommerce to Google Sheets. I need to map the product option values to specific columns in my Google sheet, but not sure how to parse that data from the order? Is there a step to pull the product information from the order ID so I can map the option values to their respective Google Sheet columns (e.g - size, color etc.)? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 7 February 2024, 23:43

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ec_206 

For us to have full context, please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured, along with the DATA OUT from BigCommerce that you are trying to use.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone . No problem. It’s pretty simple at the moment. 

1. Get new orders from BC
  2. Filter > only if order has a particular SKU. For reference the BC product is for class registration so we’re using modifier options for all the various form fields the are required to fill out (Parent info, student info etc.)
  3. Enter new row in my Google Sheet > Tab

Mapping the standard order information is fine, but I need to map the option values (name, email, phone, etc.).. Looks like Zapier stuffs all the options values in a comma separated list when I try and insert data.

Products Product Options Value  Jim Brown,jim@email.com,206-123-4567,500 SE,Seattle,98104

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ec_206 

If these 6 data points will ALWAYS be provided in this order, then you can try to use this Zap action:

Formatter > Text > Split

Split at comma

Return each a separate data points.

Products Product Options Value  Jim Brown,jim@email.com,206-123-4567,500 SE,Seattle,98104

Userlevel 1

Appreciate it @Troy Tessalone. I’ll give it a go!

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone that worked! Thanks again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an awesome news @ec_206! Big thanks to Troy for lending a hand here!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Userlevel 1

Hi @ken.a. I actually have a related question regarding the Formatter. For some reason it looks like the option values for just the select dropdown are coming over as ID’s. I’m not sure why it’s just for those options. Any tips on how to get the value vs ID? The values for this particular option dropdown are 1, 2, 3. 

Userlevel 1

I figured it out. I had to select “Products Product Options Display Value:”

@ec_206

If these 6 data points will ALWAYS be provided in this order, then you can try to use this Zap action:

Formatter > Text > Split

Split at comma

Return each a separate data points.

Hi Troy,

This might be a silly question, but are you actually getting zaps to fire on new orders received in BigCommerce?  I have an upcoming use case with BC and I’m trialing Zapier now. I can’t get zaps to fire for new orders.  They work fine when I test them in the editor though. I found another forum post that seems to indicate there is a known issue with BC connectivity. Thanks!