Skip to main content
Best answer

Basecamp 3, New Document Trigger does not see new documents.

• 25 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I am trying to create a Zap using the trigger “New Document” for Basecamp 3.
When configuring the trigger, I can see the full list of projects (so it’s authenticated correctly).
I can see the list of folders in the project.

The issue is then when testing the trigger, the result is “No Documents Found”.
I have tried uploading a jpeg.
I have reconfigured to watch a subfolder and then uploaded another jpeg.
I have reconfigured to watch the root folder and uploaded a pdf file.
I have reconfigured to watch a subfolder and then uploaded another pdf file.

Always the test result is “No Document Found”

Please advise.

Thanks

4 replies

I also tried publishing the zap anyways and then uploading a new file.
The zap does not trigger.

There is no history item for the zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @inmotion x Virtual,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Action” section of the action step that shows all of its fields. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

I do not mean to be rude. but the action has no impact on whether the first step can detect new files, which it cannot.

The only fields are from the “test file” that the system offered up when it could not find any new files. “Document A” in the screen shots below was offered up by by the system because it could not detect any new files. Check the date stamp, it’s from last year, this is not a “new file uploaded to basecamp”.

We have uploaded multiple files an they are never detected. No email are sent. There are zero history items for the Zap.

I also tried editing it to monitor a subfolder - this did not work.

I tried uploading an actual docx file in-case the thing is being literal about “new document”.

Not detected.

The “detect new file uploaded to a folder in basecamp” feature does not work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @inmotion x Virtual,

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied on Saturday with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

I understand you're wanting to set up a Zap that triggers whenever a new file is uploaded to a specific folder, but you're not seeing anything show up in the sample data. 

Right now, you're using the New Document trigger but this will only trigger on new Basecamp Docs, not files you've uploaded. 

Instead, can you try out the New Upload trigger? This should be what you're looking for where the Zap will trigger upon the upload of any kind of file to a specific folder. 

Try it out and let me know how it goes. And, as always, let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Cheers,

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.