Question

Auto update and restock inventory in Shopify

• 16 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi Guys,

I m looking at Updating a product inventory to its level where it was before being sold.

The trigger is “New shopify order”
I m using the “Update inventory quantity in shopify” but it does not seems to be able to find the product ID. Below is a screenshot. Maybe one of you may have settle this issue previously.

The error message is below:

Thanks Guys,

JC

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @Rzcrew! 🙂

The Update Inventory Quantity action doesn’t support line items, so it can’t handle the multiple values it’s receiving. Which appears to be the cause of the error here.

I’d suggest adding a Looping by Zapier action to your Zap. It’ll allow the Zap to run through each of the items individually and update their quantities. If you’re not familiar with using loops in Zaps you can find out more in our Loop your Zap actions guide. 

Hope that helps. Please do keep us updated on how you get on!

Hi Sam,

Ok i have created the looping:

The result seems to be the complete list of data ( comma separated), The individual data are not available for a single product.

I have added a filter to keep the loop going until the last product is created:

Then i just try to link the update inventory quantity with the link from the looping.

Yet the error seems to be the same as off the id is wrong.

I m pretty sure the issue comes from the looping data selection, but it does not seem feasible to select these individually.

Let me know if there is another trick.

Thanks,

JC

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Rzcrew!

It looks like you’re working with Lauren from our Support team and she’s been helping you resolve some of these issues. 

She’s responded to your most recent message, so I’d suggest continuing to work with her since she’s got a good handle on things and can dig into your Zaps :)