Best answer

Authentication failed with Google Cloud mySQL

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

I am trying to connection Zapier to mySQL instance of Google Cloud Platform.

I have added the IP of Zapier to my instance connection, as I did with my private Ip (which worked fine). 

I get the following error: Timeout connection to IPADDRESS:PORT. Try opening up any firewalls and ensure your device is listening on port XX. 

I am not sure what I am doing wrong as I took the steps on Google Cloud side. I feel like I might not be taken the username in the right place, but it does say root on my account. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

icon

Best answer by stylebase 1 July 2022, 08:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @stylebase! Sorry to hear you’re running into some trouble here. I was poking around on some other threads and tickets related to this specific issue and most of them come down to the IP address. 

I know you already mentioned that you have added the IP of Zapier to my instance connection but I am wondering if the issue if related to this callout I found in another thread:

Your IP is probably whitelisted in your firewall but that’s not the case for Zapier servers. Try to open port 3306 for any incoming IP address (a.k.a 0.0.0.0) then try again.

And here is another thread you might find helpful to consult: 

If neither of those tips/thread help you get to the bottom of this, your next step would be to reach out to our support team as they can pull up specific logs relating to the issue and get you some answers!

https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there!

I realised I never updated on this issue. Turns out, it was quite a dumb mistake… I selected the wrong integration (had to pick mySQL).

Thanks for the help though!

Best

Elsa

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @stylebase! Glad you figured this out and thanks for letting us know! I will go ahead and update the best answer here. 🙂