Skip to main content

Hi there, 

I’m trying to create a Zap to upload a signed/completed PandaDoc as a PDF to a column in an Item I have created the PandaDoc from in Monday.com.

I can get a file created, but it is a placeholder file - has the name I want but is a 1kb file - not the proper signed PDF. 

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi @LandproJT 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

What type of field are you trying to use in Monday? (screenshots)

PandaDoc should return a file object.
e.g. variable that looks like: File (Exists but not shown)

Hi Troy, thanks for the reply. 

I have now got the zap to work for one item and one document name. However I cannot get it to work for the item I create the PadaDoc for or for the PandaDoc whihc has been completed.

Here is my Monday-Panda zap:

Monday to Panda

and here is my Panda to Monday:

Panda to Monday

I’m assuming Im using the Metadata fields wrong but I dont seem to be able to figure out how else to show the metadata aspect for the specific Monday.com Item. 

@LandproJT 

You should give the Document Metadata mapped variable a label on the left side: Monday Item ID

Then test and remap your Zap variable for PandaDoc > Monday.

If you are trying to upload multiple files to the same Monday Item field it may be overwriting the existing File in the Monday Item column.

Just like this? I just typed the words “Item ID” in - is this what you mean? o do I copy and paste something specific in there?

@LandproJT 

That works.

It can be whatever label you want, but it should have a label.

Thanks Troy. 

Still doesn’t get my file into the MOnday column. I’m assuming I have something wrong at this step now: 

DO I choose an item via ItemID below, or do I type the label I created above, or choose a custom variable?

@LandproJT 

You would use the ‘CUSTOM’ tab to map the Item ID metadata variable returned from PandaDoc in Zap Step 1.

Hi there Troy, 

Sorry I disappeared. I think I have it now - however Im really confused as to which item I need to choose when selecting the Metadata one: 

What is the difference between the Item ID , Event Pulse Id, Pulse ID and the Event Item ID?

Hi there @LandproJT,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

It looks like those fields are returning the same ID. I believe there is no difference between those fields. However, the Item Id is the “safest” one to use here.

Hopefully, this helps!