Best answer

assigning discord roles to twitch followers

• 9 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello, I’ve been trying to make it where whenever someone in my discord server follows me, it says it in my general chat and then give the person a role. But everytime I test the discord part of it, it says that something went wrong. How do I make it check the person’s connections and add the follower role if they have the twitch account that just followed me?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 10 February 2023, 01:47

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @ATree121! Thanks for reaching out in community! We’d love to help.

Are you using the Twitch username to search for that exact same username in Discord? The reason I ask is based off the error it sounds as if it can’t locate a user in Discord with the search parameters provided. 

I know this seems silly but can you confirm that username definitely exists on the Discord server the Zap is searching and there’s no typos in the username? If you’ve confirmed the usernames match and are present on both Twitch and Discord server, would you mind also sharing a quick screenshot of the your trigger and action setup with any personal details removed?

There’s also a similar question here that could be useful and might be worth a quick glance over:

I hope some of this helps and hopefully we can sort this out with ya. 🙂