Best answer

Asana to Salesforce task creation limited to one project in Zapier

• 7 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I have Created Asana to salesforce task using zapier . But Only create a task only one specific project in asana .  How can I create a Asana to salesforce task  for multiple projects. what is limitations of zapier to create Asana to salesforce task.
I can’t create task in salesforce for multiple asana projects using zaiper. only create a one specific projects and and I can’t able to add multiple project list in zaiper on event (New task in project in Asana).
How to solve this problem?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 8 September 2023, 16:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ankit verma 

Good question.

To help us have more context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Also, please outline examples to help clarify what you mean by trying to use separate projects.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,
Thanks  for your response.
We want to create tasks in Salesforce when tasks are created in Asana from multiple projects. Should I set up one Zap for all Asana  projects, or should I create multiple Zaps for all Asana projects in Zapier? Can you provide guidance on this?
Here is my Working Zap screenshot:
Below screenshot I have able to choose only one Asana project not multiple Asana projects. How to create salesforce task for multiple Asana projects. Task only create one project which define in below screenshot.

Below screenshot create a task in salesforce if doesn’t already exist in salesforce.
Noteonly create task under project (Assuming  project name as opportunity name in salesforce) which is defined above screenshot(demo project).  

Here my Zapier link:  https://zapier.com/editor/206734677/draft/206880303/fields

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ankit verma 

You would have to configure 1 Zap per Project.

Or you can look into using Asana Webhooks to see if there is an event you can subscribe to that will provide data for tasks across projects: https://developers.asana.com/reference/webhooks

Zap trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook

NOTE: This is an advanced approach.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone ,
Thank you for providing me advice on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Awesome! Glad to hear Troy was able to point you in the right direction @ankit verma!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊