Question

Asana to ClickUp “task: Not a recognized ID” error

• 17 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Has any solution been provided to this. I need similar help too, integrating asana with clickup. 

I keep getting the error message - : The app returned `{"message":"task: Not a recognized ID: 1205290556152652"} What happened: Executing hydrators.legacyMethodHydrator with bundle {"message":"task: Not a recognized ID: 1205290556

when I tried editing the zap, I noticed it wasn’t fetching new tasks from asana, just the old ones I had inputted.

any help with this?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Ope!

Hope you don’t mind but I spilt your reply out into it’s own post since it’s regarding a different error message to the one being discussed on the previous post. 

That error appears to be an Asana error, is that correct? If so, is it that you’re using a Zap to update an existing task in Asana using details obtained from ClickUp but it’s causing that error?

If that’s the case, it might be that the ID for the task that ClickUp uses is being used in a Update Task (Asana) action step, rather than the ID that Asana uses for the task. ID numbers will usually be different in each apps. So you may need to use a Find Task in Project (Asana) action step to locate the task in Asana by name, to obtain the correct ID. Then in the Task field on the Update Task action step you’d select the ID that’s output by the Find Task in Project action. 

Can you give that a try and let us know if that gets rid of the error?

And if I’ve misunderstood things here can you please share a screenshot of the Action section of the action step in the Zap that’s producing that error? That’ll help us to get a better idea of where it’s currently at and what else might be the cause of the error. Please remove/hide any private information (like names, email addresses etc.) from the screenshots before sharing here. Thanks! 🙂