Skip to main content
Question

Asana error: The app returned "multi_enum_values: [0]: Not a recognized ID: Asset example".

• 20 August 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi! I’d like to connect Google Sheets (in a team shared drive) and Asana. I’d like to achieve the following:

1. When we add a new row in GSheet --> create a task in Asana (populate the same fields we have in the spreadsheet)
  2. When we update a cell in a row of the GSheet → Update the Asana task (populate updates)

I tested many times and can’t make it to work. 
Do I need to set up the Asana project with custom fields/options before connecting to the GSheet?

Hey @vanesoc ,

Can you tell me what issue you are facing? Please share screenshot of your Zaps also. Also Has the Zap triggered for either of the Zap?

Hi!. Nothing happens when I create a new row or update cells. I was trying to combine both actions into one zap if possible.

1. When we add a new row in GSheet --> create a task in Asana (populate the same fields we have in the spreadsheet)
  2. When we update a cell in a row of the GSheet → Update the Asana task (populate updates)

There’s an error at the last step to update task. 

I get an error message when testing 

Failed to create a task in Asana (1.28.0)

The app returned "task: Not a Long: …..”

I couldn't find anything.

For more info check out App updates: Telegram, Microsoft SharePoint, Shopify, LinkedIn Ads, and Asana

Hi @vanesoc 

For us to have more info about the encountered errors, post screenshots showing how your Zap steps are configured in EDIT mode.

OBERSERVATION

It looks like you are using an older version of the Asana Zap app in Step 4.

Best practice is to update to the newest Zap app version.

Hello there! How do I update the app? 

@vanesoc 

Edit the Zap step and follow the suggestion to update.

Help: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/18755649454989-Update-to-the-latest-app-version-in-Zaps

Hi @Troy Tessalone 
I now received a new error, related to a field that contains multi-select values (I have a multi-select custom field in Asana and a script in Google Sheets to multi-select a list of assets). I’m not sure how to fetch the valid IDs for each value. 

Failed to create a task in Asana

The app returned "multi_enum_values: l0]: Not a recognized ID: Asset example".

The error message "multi_enum_values: a0]: Not a recognized ID: Asset example" indicates that the value "Asset examples" is not a valid ID for the custom field you are trying to update in Asana. This typically happens when the custom field expects a specific set of predefined options (IDs) and the provided value does not match any of these options.

To resolve this issue, you need to ensure that the value you are passing to the custom field is a valid ID recognized by Asana. You can do this by fetching the list of valid IDs for the custom field from Asana and then using one of these IDs in your Zap. Here’s how you can do it:

1. Fetch Valid IDs: Use Asana's API to get the list of valid IDs for the custom field. You can do this by making a GET request to the custom field endpoint.
  2. Update Zap: Once you have the valid IDs, update your Zap to use one of these IDs instead of "CIAM for Dummies". You can use a Lookup Table in Zapier to map the human-readable values to the corresponding IDs.

For example, if you have a custom field with options like "Option A" (ID: 12345) and "Option B" (ID: 67890), you would replace "Asset example" with the appropriate ID (e.g., 12345). This ensures that the value you are passing is recognized by Asana.

@vanesoc 

For us to have more context, post these screenshots:

• how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode
  • the encountered error

Hey @vanesoc 👋

I can see you’ve also reached out to our Support team about this and they identified that you’re getting that “multi_enum_values: m0]: Not a recognized ID...” error as the name for the option has been selected instead of it’s ID in those dropdown fields in your Asana action. It sounds like you’ve already started setting up up a lookup table in Zapier Tables to store a record of the option name and it’s corresponding ID which is great! As Support suggested, you’d then need to add a Find Record (Zapier Tables) action to search for the option name to obtain the ID and select that in the relevant Asana field in the Zap. 

If you’ve got any further questions on the set up of your Zap and table it may be best to continue the conversation with the Support team as they have access to the Zap and have more context on the current setup. Alternatively, if you can share some further screenshots here that show the current setup of the table and Asana action we’ll be happy to assist further. Please remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Keen to ensure you’re all set here so please do keep us updated on how you get on with the Support team! 🙂