Best answer

Asana error: The app returned "enum_value: Not a recognized ID

• 31 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, I have a Zap setup with Calendly and Asana to create a new task in Asana. When I create a new Invitee in Calendly it creates a new task in Asana. It pulls in all updated information from the newly created Invitee except for any dropdown or radio buttons. I have these custom fields set up in Asana accordingly. 

The task does get created in Asana but it pulls the same data in the dropdown or radio button from the test record data. I would like to pull data from the newly created Invitee instead.

I have my trigger for the Calendly Zap set to "Organization" and I tried using the "Custom" selection on the drop-down or radio button field it returns an error and the test or new Calendly Invitee task does not get created in Asana when I use the custom field. I have attached some screenshots.

Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 2 April 2024, 04:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jada855 

Help article for using dynamic variables in dropdown fields:

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

Userlevel 1

Hello Troy, Thank you for posting this link. I will take a look and see if it helps.

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jada855 

You would need to use a lookup table to translate the value from Calendly to the expected value in Asana:

Userlevel 1

Troy,

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction. After many tries, I was able to get it to work yay!

Thanks  again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an amazing news @jada855! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗