Best answer

Asana connection with Toggle, not recognized ID

• 18 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi! I am trying to set up a Zap to do the following: when a new task is created in a specific project in Asana, a new task is created in a specific project in Toggl. 

I don’t want to use a native integration, because I want this to be happening on one project only.

The zap runs and creates a task successfully once, and then is stops. Retried this several times, same result.

The error I get:

While requesting "dev_method" from Asana we ran into an error: The app returned `{"message":"task: Not a recognized ID: "}

Can anyone please help?

icon

Best answer by baikateryna 18 August 2023, 13:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

After splitting the the automation into 

asana task - create a row on google sheets with the task name - create a toggle task with a new row

I have noticed that asana created a new task with a new ud the moment the + button is hit, and before the user enters the task name, hence the empty filed. 

Does anyone have ideas how to make this automation not very Instant? :) So that the user has the time to enter the task name.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @baikateryna ,

Does adding a delay action helps? Just below trigger event you can add a delay and than add an action to get Asana Task by using ID from Trigger

Userlevel 1

Hi @baikateryna ,

Does adding a delay action helps? Just below trigger event you can add a delay and than add an action to get Asana Task by using ID from Trigger

Thank you! I have considered this option and tested it, and it does work. So, thank you.

I was looking for option that would work without Pro subscription, so I tested further and for now the most reliable option is using “when an Asana task is updated” + “search for a Toggl task and if not found create one”. Because basically, when a task is added, any action like assigning a person to it or adding a due date or a comment would trigger the update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @baikateryna,

Awesome! We’re glad to hear that you are able to get it sorted out.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help!