Best answer

Anyone else experience broken links when sending emails via Sendgrid?

• 15 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Hey everyone. Sendgrid, email, URL issue.

Context:
So I have an odd issue when sending emails using Zapier and Sendgrid. This issue has only just started, or this is the first time I have noticed it, and it is happening to an existing Zap, not a new Zap, this Zap had worked as expected previously.

The Zap:
My Zap sends a user an email notification, email send via Sendgrid, and is triggered when a record is updated in Airtable, the emails contain a link, hardcoded in the HTML, it does not come from Airtable, and is a link back to our platform for the user.

Problem:
The URLs sent from SendGrid seem to be broken, the HTML for the link looks like this: <a href="https://www.thepetsitter.io/user/bookings>Respond Now</a> but when it has been sent the URL becomes something like this: http://url344.thepetsitter.io/ls/click?upn=qx8yLwlgWzG88dN8gk8ElHBv4-2FdaC1L8WBhowm-9Bz8xAtGZzhyx9CzFU8jLJGl9K-2F-pID_s8-8Bjl8hf1jsmDro-2FDbPw8ZmbpCHChFeKcaodeo4iFzKWLHBdgZMOkfYyCn3KeiwGqDOWiT615dEopeawPzf4DcWrhyGY9r1tR2Vuhx6l3-2VBr01e-2FQ-2B0Cknf9PvNf8XZhjCGHUXJ9pDcaaXhfvNHZvy7r4v-2FcfrG3a-2BRqxJi9ptnGcDSNKytzqVEA8gr17ey8xUvww2FG7cewLc88D848BA-88-8D and this URL doesn't work / load.

No idea where this issue arrises, anyone got any ideas, or faced a similar issue? These emails did work previously. I have tried with a shortened URL, and used both Plain Text emails and HTML emails, ran across the same issue. Not sure how to debug this further and I am not sure this is a Zapier issue or Sendgrid?

icon

Best answer by grae 15 January 2024, 18:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @grae 

The longer links looks to be a SendGrid tracking link for the link you input.

I would reach out to SendGrid Support for help troubleshooting.

Yeah, I just figured that out too, this is indeed a tracking link issue, and it looks like the issue I am having is local to my device / my settings, on iOS / macOS / iPadOS privacy settings. I will leave the post up incase this helps others in the future. Thanks Troy 🙏