Question

An error occurred executing a workflow step you own. Check out your workflow for further details

• 25 August 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m trying to create spreadsheet row with google sheets within the slack workflow builder. 

I’m using Zapier’s “create spreadsheet row with google sheets” feature. The test shows no issues, but when I run the Workflow, it results in this error: “An error occurred executing a workflow step you own. Check out your workflow for further details.”

I deleted the corresponding workflow step and tried recreating it, but the same error appears. Could repeatedly deleting and attempting to create the workflow step also be a potential cause of the issue?

I have also tried Slack’s help, and their response was that they don’t maintain the Workflow steps built by other apps, like Zapier.

How can I troubleshoot here?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @letsur,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into the error, and it seems like this is due to when clicking on the “Test action” button the Zap instantly goes to the “Trash” folder: https://zapier.com/app/zaps/folder/trash

To get around this, just head over to your “Trash” folder, retrieve the Zap, and turn it on.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊