Question

Amount calculation issue while Integration Shift4Shop and Quickbooks Online

• 22 September 2023
  • 7 replies

I was testing the integration between Shift4Shop and Quickbooks Online using Zapier. I attempted to create an order in Quickbooks Online, which included four items with quantities of 5, 10, 5,1, 10,10 and 15, and unit prices of $3.5, $3.5, $4, $10, $7, $2.75 and $6. The total amount, $270, is calculated correctly, but I kept receiving an error message from the system. Which step I might have done incorrectly?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Irene2128 
Good question.

Try removing the static “1” before the mapped dynamic variable.

I created a new Zap, imported updated order information, and ensured there were no static values. The updated order includes 9 items with quantities of 5, 10, 5, 1, 10, 10, 15, 1, and 5, with unit prices of $3.5, $3.5, $4, $10, $7, $2.75, $6, $15, and $3.5. The total amount of $302.50, is calculated correctly, but I am still receiving an error message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Irene2128 

The Product/Service field expects the QBO Product ID as indicated by the 123 icon.

You’ll need to do additional lookups before to translate the List Item Names to the QBO Product IDs.

Are you suggesting that instead of matching SKUs like UST-XF-201 in the Product/Service field, I should change the product ID to "3158" on the Shift4Shop order to align with the product ID in QBO?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Irene2128 

The field expects the internal ID (e.g. 3158) and can handle and array of IDs.

The SKU issue remains unresolved, and we've encountered another problem related to the customer company name. I just signed up for a trial of a paid plan. Is there a way I can speak with a live support representative to effectively address my concerns and guide me through the process of setting up zaps? Having at least one successful connection is crucial for us to determine if we should subscribe to the service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Irene2128 

Zapier Customer Support options by plan outlined here: https://zapier.com/l/support

If you need help, you may want to consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert.