Skip to main content
Best answer

Amazon S3 stopped uploading files – Zap run show success but no file in bucket.

• 18 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I’m still waiting to hear back from Premier support on this but just curious if others are experiencing the same thing. Around 1 pm ET today the Amazon S3 app stopped working for us.

It outwardly looks like the app runs successfully, complete with an output of the uploaded file size as usual -- and no errors firing -- but then the file never actually shows up in the S3 bucket. I tried reconnecting with new access keys but nothing changes.

Everything was working properly shortly before 1 pm ET, but then it suddenly stopped across all of our zaps after that.

S3 is a key cog for us in more than three dozen zaps, so it’s a really big issue that hopefully will get fixed.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi and welcome to the Community @srb052! 🎉

Thanks for flagging this issue. I’ve done some checking on this end and found a bug report open for cases where files weren’t being uploaded to Amazon S3 despite showing as successful in the Zap history. This appears to be what you’re running into here so I’ve added you to the list of affected users on that bug report. I can’t make any promises around when it will be resolved by but adding you will help to increase it’s priority. And ensures that you’ll get an email notification from us as soon as it’s sorted.

In the meantime, it was noted that according to the Amazon S3 documentation here there’s a 5GB file size limit and files exceeding that limit are still showing as successful but aren’t being uploaded to Amazon S3. Can you confirm what size the files that failed to uploaded were? 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

We are also having the same issue here. Please also add us to the notification list of when it gets solved? Also, is there ticket number we can track? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here @georgel. Sorry you’re being impacted by this issue as well. I’ve added you to the list so you’ll definitely get an email notification once it’s fixed.

The issue number for the bug with the Amazon S3 app is #17. There isn’t a public-facing version of the bug report that you can track but to stay informed, you can follow this thread in Community where we’ll be sure to share any news and potential workarounds we might come across in the meantime. 🙂