Skip to main content
Best answer

Amazon S3 exceeded maximum allowed payload size (6291556 bytes)."

• 23 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi All,

I encountered an issue with the Zapier-Amazon connection.

For quite some time, I had a Zap that worked perfectly. However, I recently received an email notification stating that the Zap could no longer be activated. The message read:

"We were not able to turn on your Zap 'Keukenbon naar Datatabel' due to the following issues after running our checks… Step 1 - New or Updated File in Amazon S3 Response payload size exceeded maximum allowed payload size (6291556 bytes)."

When I test the trigger, everything works fine. But when I try to activate it, it fails.

I then switched to using Amazon S3 legacy, which worked for a while. But now, that option is no longer available.

It seems that the Zap is attempting to retrieve files that are too large. However, after checking with Amazon CLI, I confirmed that the largest file is only 3.5MB. I am now at a loss and don't understand where it is going wrong. Does anyone have any ideas?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Noell Piket 

Perhaps try opening a ticket with Zapier Support for further troubleshooting: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Noell Piket,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

The issue might be related to the payload size in your S3 bucket, which appears to be exceeding the maximum limit.

Here's what you can do:

1. Check if you have a large amount of files/data in the S3 bucket selected on the Zap. If so, this may be causing the issue.
  2. Try selecting a bucket with less information and see if the Zap can publish successfully. This is just for testing purposes to help us isolate the problem.

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

Excuses me for the late reply. I managed to fix it. 

First i tested it with an other bucket. Which was succesfull

So i created an new backupbucket and copied all the old files to this bucket.

The target bucket was now empty. Now i uploaded new files and now the trigger worked.

Thank you both for your reply.