Best answer

Amazon S3 Bucket error: A File could not be found. Bucket "[mybucketname]" does not exist.

Userlevel 1

Trying to connect S3 to Google drive.  I am able to enter the access and secret to my bucket and the bucket is found (and it has files within) but Zapier is reporting (after successfully connecting) that “bucket does not exists” and no files found.  Specifically:

Find Data (error)

• A File could not be found.

Bucket "[mybucketname]" does not exist.

I’ve tried everything I can think of here… all I want to do is move everything from S3 to Google drive.  Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 23 July 2020, 20:56

View original

38 replies

I have tried the S3 trigger with every possible combination of events, permissions, regions, etc. with absolutely no success. I don’t see any way to get it working, whatsoever.

Even making a brand new bucket, keeping the permissions completely public, and triggering events on any new file added to it does not work. 

If anyone reading this thread has been able to get the s3 trigger to work for them at all, please let me know what you did in order to do so.

This is very disheartening to read this thread. I just upgraded our clients Zapier to premium to gain access to the Amazon S3 Premium App and now it appears it doesn’t work. I have contacted support about it, but it seems many others have tried many things and nothing seems to work. Hoping I can find a resolution to this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your thoughts with us, @fabphoto. I definitely understand your disappointment and want to be as helpful as possible.

I did a bit of digging and can see you had a chance to chat with my teammate, Scott in support. He was able to add you to the existing bug report. He also had this workaround he recommended:

In the meantime, I have seen users get around this bug in a few ways. Would you be able to move the bucket region to N.California on AWS? If that does not work, would you be able to create a new bucket in that region to test?

I know it’s been mentioned earlier in the thread but it could be worth a shot. In the meantime, since you’ve been added to that report we’ll be sure to keep you and this thread updated with any news just as soon as we have it. Thank you once again for taking the time to reach out.

Have recently encountered this issue. Was wondering if there’s any updates on plans for fixing this - I see that the initial thread creation was July 2020, almost 2 years now.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @rockc 

We don’t have any updates yet regarding this bug. I added you to the existing bug report for you to get updated via email once available. We appreciate your patience.

Have there been any developments on this?  I’m having the issue as well.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @truss 

I apologize, but we don’t have any update yet regarding with this bug to share. Hence, I added you to the existing bug report for you to get updated via email once available. We appreciate your patience.

I’m having the same issue. Two years later.

Any updates?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there @andymmc - no updates at the moment, I’m sorry to say!

I’m curious is moving the S3 bucket to the "N California" region feasible for your setup? It was mentioned earlier in the read but definitely recognize not an option for everyone.

In the meantime, I did add you as an affected user and we’ll be sure to update the thread with any news.

Hey there @andymmc - no updates at the moment, I’m sorry to say!

I’m curious is moving the S3 bucket to the "N California" region feasible for your setup? It was mentioned earlier in the read but definitely recognize not an option for everyone.

In the meantime, I did add you as an affected user and we’ll be sure to update the thread with any news.

The bucket was already located in us-west-1 N. California. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, appreciate you letting me know. I’m sorry to hear that didn’t work for you. 

While I don’t have any other workarounds to share at the moment, we’ll keep the thread informed if one comes up.

Thanks again for reaching out!

I guess I will join in on this issue. I am going to assume this is not going to be fixed anytime soon LOL.

Would love to have this working! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Branden,

I’m so sorry to the inconvenience this bug has caused you. I have added you as another affected member to the open bug report. While we can’t provide a timeframe on when this bug will get fixed, we will keep you in the loop via email once it is.

Thank you for your understanding.