Best answer

All Zaps dont work after 1 month

• 6 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hey guys,

I created a zap to unlock my online course module every 7 days and send an email.

My Course takes 77 day. The first month everything worked fine, but suddenly all zaps stopped.

I can not find any zap before 01.08.2022 in my Zap History. 

Is it normal, that a Zap can only run 1 month? If yes, is there a workaround?

Best regards
Dominik

icon

Best answer by christina.d 13 September 2022, 22:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Dominik Barkow!

You said that the module sends an email every 7 days, are you using Delay by Zapier to do so? If so, that could be the problem. Delay steps can’t pan over 31 days in a Zap (even if you have multiple shorter delays), you can learn more about that in this help doc.

If you need delays that are longer than that, you can use events in Google Calendar as a workaround - there’s an explanation of that in this help guide

In terms of the Zap history, you can only see Zap runs from the beginning of August because by default Zap history will only keep the last 30 days of Zap runs. You can learn more about how long we store Zap history data for in this help guide

Thanks!

Ok, sounds logic to me :)

But anyway,  I tested my Zap and everything should work fine. I did not get an error message. But the my modules for 18 customers havent been updated 😣

What am I missing out?

well the support told me, the problem is the delay > 30 days.

I did a workaround: instead of 77 days i created 3 zaps with 28 days.

my only problem is now: how can I update already running zaps? In the Zap history they stil work with the old rythm of 77 days. Is this possible?

Thanks and best regards from Germany :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

well the support told me, the problem is the delay > 30 days.

I did a workaround: instead of 77 days i created 3 zaps with 28 days.

my only problem is now: how can I update already running zaps? In the Zap history they stil work with the old rythm of 77 days. Is this possible?

Hey there, @Dominik Barkow! Thanks for coming back to update the thread on your results! I also wanted to share supports response to your second question as well. 🙂

I'm afraid that earlier Zap runs already running (currently waiting at a delay step) will not pick up on changes made to the Zap. As the Zap's configuration has changed since the time these Zap runs started, I'd expect them to error out when they're released from the delay step saying something along the lines of "The Zap has changed/diverged too much since its original configuration". I'm really sorry about this! 

I should have pointed out that making structural changes to a Zap (like changing steps) while it has tasks running (even if delayed) will not allow those Zap runs to complete, but the Zap would have lost the actions after 31 days of delay anyway, I'm afraid. 

The best next step may be to export the runs you see in the history using the below method so can check how far along those tasks got in the original Zap's config:
https://zapier.com/help/manage/history/export-your-zap-history

You can also click into each "waiting" run here and check how far along they got according to the original flow - if that's preferred. 

Thanks again for raising this in the Community! 🎉