Skip to main content
Best answer

Alexa goes through all steps, but when it comes time add task to my Any.do list it says "oops, I ran into a problem"

Trying to use Alexa to create a new Task in Any.do. I’ve created the zap, and it works in that i can do a test and it shows in my Task List in Any.do, and when i tell Alexa to run the zap it does and gives right prompts, etc. so that I can speak the task i want to add, but then at this last step, adding to Any.do Alexa says: “Oops, I ran into a problem.” I’ve changed everything i can think of and again, it all works with the test zap, but in the end i can’t add a Task to Any.do using zapier with Alexa.

Thanks for reaching back out here @68b74978-d41e-4547-9511-963fc3. I completely understand how disruptive this bug is for your workflows and I’m very sorry that we can’t provide any estimates for when it will be resolved. There are a number of factors at play so it’s challenging to accurately predict when a bug will be fixed.

Our engineers are aware of the issue and although I can’t give an exact timeline on when it will be resolved by you’ll definitely be notified as soon as there is an update on the status of the bug or the issue has been fixed. 

I’m also affected by this. Was trying to use Zapier to send to Todoist now that the Todoist skill on Alexa has ended. Alexa says “Sorry I have run in to a problem” after successfully asking the prompt question. Why is Alexa still shown as an app here if there’s been a bug for so long?

This integration has been broken for over a year now and doesn’t make zapier look very good, if we’re relying on the zapier to connect data between systems and bugs that are known about for this long go unfixed, what bugs are there on the system that we the community don’t know about and are just ignored?

Can we get an update please?

Alexa integration seems to be broken for “Trigger Phrase Spoken” if there is an “Additional Prompt Question”.  It *ALWAYS* fails with “Oops, I ran into a problem.”  Doesn’t seem to matter what the action will be.  It looks like this has been broken a LONG TIME.  So I’m not too confident it will be fixed soon.  But add me to the notifications list in case it is.  Thanks.

Hi @sparky378, @ibwan and @JerryChicago👋

I’ve added you all to the list of affected users. There aren’t any status updates I can share at the moment but I’ll definitely share any updates or workarounds we come across here in the thread. And you will all receive an email notification once it’s fixed.

For context, our development team prioritises issues based on a variety of different factors like the number of users affected, the severity of the issue and the complexity of the fix. We try to unblock issues as soon as we can but can’t provide exact timelines as to when it will be resolved. We know this isn’t ideal and we’re working on ways to better improve communication and prioritisation of bugs. Please know that no bugs are ignored and our goal is to get issues resolved as quickly as possible. 

Thank you all for the continued patience on this, it’s very much appreciated.

I’m also having this exact issue when trying to add a task to OmniFocus. Add me to the list, I guess 🤷

It’s a little troubling that the Alexa integration has been broken for a year.  I can understand that there are priorities to fix things, but in the meantime Zapier has continuted to “Advertise” Alexa integrations for that year, knowing it’s broken.  If the “development team” is too busy, at least the “marketing team” could remove “Alexa Integrations”.   Since “Trigger phrase spoken” is the only Alexa trigger, I switched to Make.com and just use the webhooks trigger.   If you are stuck on using Zapier, consider the Zapier webhooks trigger. 

Hi @gsolo2001 and @JerryChicago 👋

Really sorry that you’re both getting this errors with Alexa too. This issue doesn’t appear to affect all instances of Alexa and can occur intermittently which makes it hard to replicate and pin down the exact cause. If you can reach out to our Support team here and provide links to your Zaps that affected they’ll be able to dig into the error logs and pass them on to the developers to help them better identify what might be causing the issue. 

You’ve both been added to the bug report which will help to bump up it’s priority but I still can’t give any estimate as to when it’ll be solved. We’ll definitely reach out by email to confirm when a fix has been shipped though. 

For now it sounds like enabling a Webhooks Skill for Alexa then switching to use Webhooks by Zapier as the trigger app for your Zap, as @JerryChicago mentioned, may help to get around this issue. If you’re interested in giving that approach a try please check out our Trigger Zaps from webhooks guide for more details.

Thanks for everyone’s ongoing patience. Hopefully that workaround will help to get things up and running! 🤞