Best answer

Airtable to GSheets to QuickBooks invoice

• 3 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I’ve got a new process I’m working on to automate invoice creation. 

A report is created bi-weekly with payments that have been deposited into the bank. I have the customer name, amount, and a QBO class that needs to be used.

I’ve created a form where the report is submitted through Airtable with a CSV file that has all the data in it. The date of the deposit is added on the form. 

What I’m trying to do is take the data in the CSV file (name, class, amount) and have it create an invoice in QBO for each line item. 

I’m currently playing around with:

Trigger: new record in Airtable

Action: Utilities in Formatter by Zapier to import the CSV

Action: Create Spreadsheet in Google Sheets

Action: Create Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets ← stuck here because I can’t parse out the CSV columns into the spreadsheet column headers of Name, Class, and Amount

Action: Create invoice in QBO and loop through the line items that were created in the Google Sheet ← can’t do this yet because I can’t get the data into GSheet rows to loop through

Any advice? 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 3 November 2022, 20:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @blueprintbrian 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have more context, thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @blueprintbrian 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have more context, thanks.

Action step 2: upload file from Airtable to Google Drive folder

Action step 3: Import CSV

Action step 4: create spreadsheet from template

Action step 5: create spreadsheet rows in step 4 spreadsheet. This is where I get stuck because when I link one of the header fields back to the Import CSV step it puts all the data in the column for that header field. I need to be able to parse the headers into separate fields so they’ll paste Name, Class, and Amount into each row

Action step 6: thinking this will be Looping by Zapier

Action step 7: create invoice in QBO

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@blueprintbrian 

Make sure you are using the correct Zap action: GSheets - Create Row(s)

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@blueprintbrian

Make sure you are using the correct Zap action: GSheets - Create Row(s)

pffft DUH. Should’ve known that. Such a simple oversight. Thanks for pointing that out 😅😉