Skip to main content

I’m processing POs in Rossum(AI data extraction), which sends the extracted data to a Zap to create a record in Airtable.  These POs are for work to be done on houses and each house gets 3 or 4 POs.  I have a table for houses(1 record for the house) and a table for POs(1 record for each PO) that are linked to the parent record.  The house record doesn’t exist until the first PO comes through.  I search to see if the house record exists.  If it does then I create the PO record and link it to the house.  If the house isn’t in Airtable, I create it and then create the PO record and link it to the house.  Sometimes this process will create multiple records for the house(Parent records), which creates a duplicate problem.  I’m using the zap step to process them in a queue with a delay so that it gives each one time to run and find everything, but it still will create duplicates sometimes.  This makes me think Zapier has an “image” of the table that it uses to search for the house instead of doing a fresh pull of the data every time and its searching old data.  I’m just making that up in my head, but somehow its still creating duplicates.

Finally the question:  Would using a Zapier table be faster or more reliable for these searches?  My AT table is 50k+ records and 300 fields.  Is having a light weight database mirror a method to increase speed?

PO data comes in.  Zap searches Zap table for address.  It doesn’t exist, create AT record and then store the Address and record_ID info in a Zap table for the next PO to search for it there instead of the AT search.  

Hi @Bluedog04 

For us to have context about the duplicates issue, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Try using Views in Airtable to limit the data.

• Filter
  • Sort
  • Show/Hide Fields

Maybe the pathway on the right could take several minutes sometimes? The first PO for a house would follow the longer pathway on the right.  The next PO from the delay queue would have to find the record that was just created by the first PO’s path.  Maybe its best to create the record immediately and then update with the supplemental data instead of collecting all the data to for the record before I create it?  I do like the idea of Zapier tables being free zap steps though. 

@Bluedog04 

If the data ultimately needs to go to Airtable, then introducing Zapier Tables may only provide more logic to manage.

Can you post screenshots with how the Path Filter conditions are configured?

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap Step 3 is configured.

Is it configured as a Find/Create Record?

Then Step 6 could be converted to just Update Record.