Question

Airtable form -> basecamp todo not being able to use information in form

• 29 March 2023
  • 7 replies

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

This seems simple but an exhaustive search of the internet has not given me the answer.  I am attempting to have an Airtable form create a todo in basecamp - all of the information I need is in the form in Airtable and it creates a todo in the correct place in basecamp but I can’t make the todo in basecamp fill with the correct information from Airtable

It has options for airtable records other than what I need to recall - but my “notes” section from the form is not an option to fulfill n the “description” part of the todo.  Ideally I would love all the content from the record show in grid form.  But I would be ok with just the ‘notes’ section which is formatted as a long form text subject in Airtable. 

Also - the due date is in the airtable record, but that record is not an option to choose in the zap? 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @KathleenK 

Good question.

Airtable only returns fields that have values in the Zap trigger.

Make sure to use a record that has all the desired fields populated with a value.

How to change your trigger test data in the Zap: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310366093

Hi @KathleenK 

Good question.

Make sure to use a record that has all the desired fields populated with a value.

How to change your trigger test data in the Zap: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310366093

Ok - so the trigger seems to be correct and there is other data from the form i can enter in there, but not the field I need. Is it because it is not a short text line but a long text box option?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @KathleenK 

Hopping in, I hope I can help! You mentioned a field you need, is that the “Notes” section?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@KathleenK 

Can you show screenshots of the data points returned from the Zap trigger and the corresponding record in Airtable with that data point populated?

The more surrounding context you can provide the better.

IO have added screen shots of the form, the grid view,  and the zapier set up - you can see the ‘order information’ is not an option there to fill in that option on Basecamp

Hi @KathleenK 

Hopping in, I hope I can help! You mentioned a field you need, is that the “Notes” section?

yes - I have since renamed it “order information”

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@KathleenK 

This trigger example being used to configure the Zap has some fields missing.