Best answer

Airtable Find Record from Google Sheets not working

• 19 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a Google Sheet with record data, and a similar sheet in Airtable.

Airtable has data gets updated data from the Google Sheet.

My steps are:

On updated Gsheet record, find corresponding record in Airtable, Update Airtable Record.

I’m currently struggling with the FIND corresponding record in Airtable.

I can’t find the record, even though I KNOW it’s there - I get the Google Sheet field, then do a normal search (Ctrl+F) in Airtable and find the record.

The Airtable Record lookup finds other fields, except this one field. I thought it might be because it’s a Concatenated Field in Airtable, butI have tested other scenarios (shorter concats) and it comes out fine.

Some screenshots:

Search in Excel - I use Col$D

My search in Airtable:

And then I do a test search

The field I’m trying to find in Airtable is “Victory Point Wines Pinot Noir 2021 Margaret River”

This is in Airtable:

icon

Best answer by unodewaal 19 January 2023, 04:47

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @unodewaal 

Good question.

Best if you can provide detailed screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have enough context, thanks.

Also, provide a specific example for us. (screenshots too)

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone I just added the screenshots and then figured it out.

My concat field had 4 items it was concatenating. One of the middle fields was blank, causing it to add an additional space which for some reason was dropped in copy/pasting to Airtable, but it was picked up as a field.

I’ve removed the concat that could be blank and it found the field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@unodewaal 

You could also add a TRIM() function around the concatenated fields in the Airtable Formula field to remove whitespace.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @Troy Tessalone that’s useful - in my case it was adding the space in the middle of the wine name - but useful for future reference! Also thanks for the quick reply.